website statistics

Women's Volleyball CEV European Championship 2019

Totallympics

Just now, LDOG said:

That was pretty fine by Slovakia, no set under 20 points. 

Somehow women's volleyball is now their best summer olympic team sport :lol:

it´s not like volleyball have/had some noticeable competition in this :lol: but maybe football is still number 1 among summer olympic team sports (the males one I mean obviously)

Justo ahora, hckosice dijo:

it´s not like volleyball have/had some noticeable competition in this :lol: but maybe football is still number 1 among summer olympic team sports (the males one I mean obviously)

I'm just going by the most recent performance. Men's football 14th at euro 2016, women's volleyball here 12th. Obviously in ranking football is better (31st) but only because FIVB is garbage and doesn't even count continental ch. 

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

Our commentator just said that the combined salary of the 6 :ITA players on the field right now is bigger than the whole budget of our federation :lol: Now I don´t know if he is joking or not, but I can not even imagine someone earning money by playing volleyball :crazy:

I don't know how big salaries are right now, but in the early 2000's (when we won our first and only women's world title) the stars of our NT (and the Top foreign players) in our league were payed as good as 3/400,000€/year...

Egonu probably next year is going to earn even more than that...

among the boys, Leon 2 years ago was making 800,000€/year (officially...rumors say that he was well beyond) and Zaytsev is not that far from such salary...

Edited by phelps