website statistics

Women's Volleyball CEV European Championship 2019

Totallympics

Rules say that in this case Slovakia as the lowest ranked host country is switched with Spain.

2-3 is the worst possible result for Italy, they would have lost 0-3 or 1-3 if they wanted to lose on purpose. Now they'll have to travel to Slovakia to face Slovakia, then to Poland again to face Russia. And then Serbia in semifinal.

now CEV announced the schedule. nothing changed for Italy except now they have to go to Slovakia, win the match and then come back to Poland for the QF !!! :facepalm:so obviously they didn't lose on purpose (unless they didn't know the rules completely which is unlikely) .

I was thinking why coach is not replacing Sorokaite but then after checking Italy's roster, there is no other reliable OH in their squad ?! :yikes: I can see Lucia Bosetti in the list but I assume she is injured or something, there is no other way to explain how she was absent the whole tournament. (I can't remember I even saw her on the bench or anywhere else). but where is her sister ? where is Pietrini ? I know Sorokaite is OP and obviously not a good receiver, even Sylla is not a good receiver. things don't look good for Italy with such a weak reception :( and with no reserve OH. even beating Russia/Belgium is not a sure thing.

3 hours ago, MHSN said:

now CEV announced the schedule. nothing changed for Italy except now they have to go to Slovakia, win the match and then come back to Poland for the QF !!! :facepalm:so obviously they didn't lose on purpose (unless they didn't know the rules completely which is unlikely) .

I was thinking why coach is not replacing Sorokaite but then after checking Italy's roster, there is no other reliable OH in their squad ?! :yikes: I can see Lucia Bosetti in the list but I assume she is injured or something, there is no other way to explain how she was absent the whole tournament. (I can't remember I even saw her on the bench or anywhere else). but where is her sister ? where is Pietrini ? I know Sorokaite is OP and obviously not a good receiver, even Sylla is not a good receiver. things don't look good for Italy with such a weak reception :( and with no reserve OH. even beating Russia/Belgium is not a sure thing.

There was like an interview a day on a certain newspaper...Mazzanti, De Gennaro, Danesi all knew about the rules. They just tried to win instead of resting some players and losing 0-3 or 1-3.

L. Bosetti is injured and trying to recover for the quarterfinals. Pietrini was in the roster but a few days before the tournament she asked Mazzanti to go home because she is not in a good physical and mental condition. They wanted to call C. Bosetti but it was too late, she had been on holiday for a while and was in bad shape, so Mazzanti chose Enweonwu (another Opp.) from the u20.

3 hours ago, Dunadan said:

There was like an interview a day on a certain newspaper...Mazzanti, De Gennaro, Danesi all knew about the rules. They just tried to win instead of resting some players and losing 0-3 or 1-3.

L. Bosetti is injured and trying to recover for the quarterfinals. Pietrini was in the roster but a few days before the tournament she asked Mazzanti to go home because she is not in a good physical and mental condition. They wanted to call C. Bosetti but it was too late, she had been on holiday for a while and was in bad shape, so Mazzanti chose Enweonwu (another Opp.) from the u20.

how come a team like Italy had no plan B !? you always need some players on stand by. Pietrini put Italy in a really bad situation :thumbdown: if you want to leave the team you have to do that way before the main tournament.

so there is a chance for Bosetti to recover for the QF, that's good news, even though just recovering is not enough, you have to be in good shape. but at least that gives options to the coach,

Bosetti was a reserve libero (at least in the game against Poland). I wonder why the hell in the fourth set Danesi came in place of Chirichella... but whatever, the victory is ours and the atmosphere was just WOOOOOOOOOW!!!

Italy is good enough to win against Slovakia and Russia. Russia is not playing good so far except last game.

Italy tried to win against Poland, and a big respect to them because of that. 

Edited by Edenas

First 3 Eightfinals completed. Belgium was really close to causing an upset.

:RUS Russia vs :BEL Belgum 3-1 (25-22/25-15/21-25/25-22)
:NED Netherlands vs :GRE Greece 3-0 (25-21/25-23/25-12)
:SRB Serbia vs :ROU Romania 3-0 (25-20/25-17/25-23)

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk