website statistics

Women's Volleyball CEV European Championship 2019

Totallympics

:GER too strong for our girls, but still again a very nice team display from the girls resulting in winning a set against such one or even two levels above opponent. This team is really doing something special for the popularty of this sport in SVK, peoples starts to be slowly involved in  :)

And we are officially out. The Hungarian volleyball federation has to start thinking about the future, because even if we didn't have high expectations for this ECh, it's still a complete failure on every front. 3 0-3s (unless NED falls asleep against us), 1 1-3 and we never really had any chance to qualify from the GS. 

Edited by Vektor

Well, if they wasted 4 match points, I have no hope for our girls in the match against :ITA .The only good side was that there FINALLY was a decent ammount of supporters at the match... ca 7.000 people, so of course still waaay less than at our male NT matches (when our boys play in this stadium, there's usually over  10.000 spectators even at Nations League matches ) but still a giant improvement after only 4.500 people watched the game with :UKR.

also, sadly it is now confirmed :HUN will be the only host country that doesn't play the play-off round. They fought well against Croatia, but in the end lost the 3rd set 33-35 and thus lost all chances of qualifying.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

19 hours ago, Vektor said:

And we are officially out. The Hungarian volleyball federation has to start thinking about the future, because even if we didn't have high expectations for this ECh, it's still a complete failure on every front. 3 0-3s (unless NED falls asleep against us), 1 1-3 and we never really had any chance to qualify from the GS. 

I checked again, and on paper :HUN is not yet officially out, however :AZE would have to win 3-0 or 3-1 over :ROU and :HUN has to win 3-0 or 3-1 over :NED. If Romania scores a set, only a 3-0 win will let Hungary participate in the next round.

Still a very unlikely scenario, but well, miracles happen :) Currently, :AZE leads 1-0 in sets.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

Oh no, :SVK has really a horrible day :( I haven't seen such low points per set for a long time...

Edited by VolleyRuller96