website statistics

Women's Volleyball CEV European Championship 2019

Totallympics

• 4 weeks later...

:SVK  TEAM SLOVAKIA  :SVK

Setters:

Barbora Koseková   (Fatum Nyíregyháza, :HUN)

Lenka Ovečková  (PVK Olymp Prague, :CZE)

Hitters:

Nikola Radosová  (SC Dresden, :GER)

Romana Hudecová  (Partizan Tirana, :ALB)

Mária Kostelanská  (vasas Obuda Budapest, :HUN)

Karolína Fričová  (VK Prostejov, :CZE)

Karin Palgutová  (Nancy Volley-Ball, :FRA)

Miroslava Kijaková  (Hapoel Kfar-Saba, :ISR)

Middle Blockers:

Jaroslava Pencová  (Grot Budowlani Lodz, :POL)

Nina Herelová  (Nancy Volley-Ball, :FRA)

Veronika Hrončeková   (Hapoel Kfar-Saba, :ISR)

Sandra Szabóová  (Volley-Ball Club Chamaliéres, :FRA)

Liberos:

Skarleta Jančová  (Strabag UK FTVŠ Bratislava)

Michaela Španková   (Strabag UK FTVŠ Bratislava)

SR%20na%20ME%202019.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Vojthas said:

Do you know if there is some fan zone near the venue (and will remain even after the Budapest part of championships ends)?

Hm, this site does say that there will be a fan zone in Hungary, but I honestly don't know anything else about it. https://eurovolley.cev.eu/en/women/tickets/

I am assuming that there won't be many fans at this place, because volleyball is still waaaay less popular than the other main Olympic team sports (football, handball, basketball, water polo, ice hockey) in Hungary with the exception of field hockey, which doesn't even exists here. I mean, our women's team had a couple of friendly matches before the ECh in another Hungarian city and the attendance was around 100. Most of the Hungarians don't even know that we are hosting this ECh. 

Edited by Vektor

2 hours ago, Vektor said:

Hm, this site does say that there will be a fan zone in Hungary, but I honestly don't know anything else about it. https://eurovolley.cev.eu/en/women/tickets/

I am assuming that there won't be many fans at this place, because volleyball is still waaaay less popular than the other main Olympic team sports (football, handball, basketball, water polo, ice hockey) in Hungary with the exception of field hockey, which doesn't even exists here. I mean, our women's team had a couple of friendly matches before the ECh in another Hungarian city and the attendance was around 100. Most of the Hungarians don't even know that we are hosting this ECh. 

I remember your field hockey team was supposed to take part last year in FIH Open Series in Poland, but eventually didn't come to Gniezno. And I remember writing to your association's refereeing committee's chairman when I was preparing dictionary for my MA degree.

hace 1 minuto, Vojthas dijo:

I remember your field hockey team was supposed to take part last year in FIH Open Series in Poland, but eventually didn't come to Gniezno. And I remember writing to your association's refereeing committee's chairman when I was preparing dictionary for my MA degree.

Hungary has field hockey teams: they finished 6th in women's euro division III and 1st in men's division IV recently.

They also have men's rugby sevens team, they finished last in the european olympic qualifier.

17 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Hungary has field hockey teams: they finished 6th in women's euro division III and 1st in men's division IV recently.

They also have men's rugby sevens team, they finished last in the european olympic qualifier.

Yeah, I was exaggerating when I have said that "it doesn't exist here". I think 99% of Hungarians never even seen or heard of field hockey. :d