website statistics
Jump to content

Weightlifting 2022 Discussion Thread


Totallympics
 Share

Recommended Posts

Oh please, they have been missing from fencing wc in 4 weapons out of 6 since Tokyo, with a couple of appeareances in the other 2, nothing in shooting wc, gymnastics wc, karate series A and PL, Judo ...all sports with a world cup style circuit...have they been in covid lockdown for huge outbreaks for the past 5 months or so?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Oh please, they have been missing from fencing wc in 4 weapons out of 6 since Tokyo, with a couple of appeareances in the other 2, nothing in shooting wc, gymnastics wc, karate series A and PL, Judo ...all sports with a world cup style circuit...have they been in covid lockdown for huge outbreaks for the past 5 months or so?

I mean, China was also minimizing their international presence before Tokyo too, they were only competing in events which were either direct qualifiers or until they had enough points to guarantee a spot via rankings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

:SAM Feagaiga Stowers won the overall women's title of OWF Oceania Cup with 276kg.. Except for a couple of errors looked she was well within herself in both snatch and especially C&J . Should be able to reach 280-290 soon after a long break from the sport. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1121453/kazakhstan-weightlifting-positives

 

Igor Son will most likely be stripped of his bronze medal from Tokyo after a second positive test of his career. A further 5 :KAZ lifters tested positive including world and youth world champions and medalists.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1121453/kazakhstan-weightlifting-positives

 

Igor Son will most likely be stripped of his bronze medal from Tokyo after a second positive test of his career. A further 5 :KAZ lifters tested positive including world and youth world champions and medalists.

I  hope there won't be a big fuss on the issue, yes the governance isn't the best, but it's impossible to make sure there is 0% doping either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm, very suspicious about this story.  :mumble: Sounds to me like one of Britain's best-ever female weightlifters is being banned for defending the integrity of women's sport.  I'd like to find out a lot more. 

 

British Weight Lifting (BWL) has implemented a sanction, determined by an independent Arbitrator, against Sarah Davies after she admitted she had made comments of a discriminatory nature against a fellow athlete. Ms. Davies admitted that she contravened articles 3c, 3d, 3e of the BWL athlete agreement and the BWL athlete code of conduct. The finding was independently adjudicated by an independent arbitrator appointed by Sport Resolutions, who also determined the sanction.

 

https://britishweightlifting.org/article/british-weight-lifting-sanctions-olympian-sarah-davies

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

first ever IWF Street Weightlifting Competition in mixed team format :d:lol:

 

https://iwf.sport/2022/04/14/iwf-unveils-new-iwf-street-weightlifting-competition-and-athlete-ambassador-program/

 

 

those two words together to makes Tommy happy :d

@phelps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Qatar have already started their preparation for Paris 2024. This week they had submitted offers for 3 of our weightlifters to switch to Qatar - Karlos Nasar, Bozhidar Andreev and Martin Toshev. Karlos was offered 3000 dollars monthly salary, Bozhidar 2000, and for Martin a bit less, since he is younger, plus a 50 dollar daily allowance for all 3. Thankfully all 3 of them rejected, but who knows what will happen in the future...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Qatar have already started their preparation for Paris 2024. This week they had submitted offers for 3 of our weightlifters to switch to Qatar - Karlos Nasar, Bozhidar Andreev and Martin Toshev. Karlos was offered 3000 dollars monthly salary, Bozhidar 2000, and for Martin a bit less, since he is younger, plus a 50 dollar daily allowance for all 3. Thankfully all 3 of them rejected, but who knows what will happen in the future...

I mean, that's a pretty good salary for a weightlifter.

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...