Group C: Germany, Greece, Romania, Serbia

Group D: France, Hungary, Montenegro, Turkey

Women (in Netanya)

Group A: Israel, Romania, Serbia, Spain, Turkey

Group B: Croatia, France, Italy, Slovakia

Group C: Germany, Greece, Hungary, Switzerland

Group D: Great Britain, Netherlands, Potugal, Ukraine

5 hours ago, Monzanator said:

As usual the biggest crapshoot that is the water polo prediction contest. It will be a miracle if I don't finish last. Any chance of a 30+ goal difference games? :p

The Colombian and Thai women's teams won't be super competitive 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now it's the Men's Youth World Championships. Unfortunately our boys lost 9-8 to Spain today in the quarterfinals. The referees were tragic I must say...

The big surprise is that :NED won 12-7 against :MNE to make the semifinals :yikes:

I always wondered why the Dutch men were not a top team in water polo while their women are, maybe this new generation is really good though?! We beat them only 12-11 in the group stage. I was surprised it was so close but I guess the Dutch really are good :yes

On 8/18/2022 at 2:03 AM, Makedonas said:

Now it's the Men's Youth World Championships. Unfortunately our boys lost 9-8 to Spain today in the quarterfinals. The referees were tragic I must say...

The big surprise is that :NED won 12-7 against :MNE to make the semifinals :yikes:

I always wondered why the Dutch men were not a top team in water polo while their women are, maybe this new generation is really good though?! We beat them only 12-11 in the group stage. I was surprised it was so close but I guess the Dutch really are good :yes

Well, I was wondering that too. I asked a friend from the waterpolo community in the Netherlands and he told me it's way too early to say there is a really good new generation. But he also said there are more talents than in average years. So we have to wait. but there is a little hope for Dutch men's waterpolo :-). 

On 8/18/2022 at 2:03 AM, Makedonas said:

We tend to have better national teams on the womens side than the mens side in most team sports: waterpolo, volleyball, handball and field hockey. I guess one factor is also in the general sense a larger share of the boys athletic talent is concentrated in football.