website statistics

Swimming 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dullard said:

So it is confirmed:

FINA Confirms Fukuoka Worlds Rescheduled For July 2023; Doha Edition Switched To January 2024

I hope Australia skips that shit in Doha in January 2024. Two long course World Champs and an Olympics in 12 months is ridiculous.

Well, I actually like it. I will probably have more time to watch it in July than in May.

1 hour ago, dullard said:

FINA is officially a joke federation:

Budapest to host additional FINA World Aquatics Championships in 2022

So that's three WCs: June 2022, July 2023, January 2024

Completely ridiculous, but hey if the Hungarian government wants to pay for me to have some entertaining swimming to watch I ain't going to complain too much.

(Having worlds in 2022 isn't ridiculous, it's the January 2024 edition that is complete nonsense).

10 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Completely ridiculous, but hey if the Hungarian government wants to pay for me to have some entertaining swimming to watch I ain't going to complain too much.

(Having worlds in 2022 isn't ridiculous, it's the January 2024 edition that is complete nonsense).

Having it 4 consecutive years (2022-2025) is ridiculous. An athlete lucky enough to have their career peak during these years can achieve quite an inflated number of world titles.