website statistics

Track Cycling UCI Junior World Championships 2018

Totallympics

Started today.

Live timing, start lists, results: http://www.tissottiming.com/2018/ctrwchjunior/it-it/Default/

Full schedule (pdf):

CompetitionProgramme_AIGLE-def-1.pdf

Live streaming (afternoon sessions): https://www.youtube.com/user/ucichannel

The turn up in these championships is huge :woot: Qualifying heats in scratch, point races, omnium. Seems that more countries are interested in developing track. I was also fairly surprised seeing that we sent a decent squad. Already counted 6 athletes and in some disciplines that we don't usually start in.

History has been created :clap:

India has won its first medal at world championships in any category :champion:

And it is the most isolated, Andaman and the Nicobar Islands which has got first world championships medalist in any sport. 

Well done Albein Esow, bringing the island to the world map in sports :cheer:

19 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

History has been created :clap:

India has won its first medal at world championships in any category :champion: 

And it is the most isolated, Andaman and the Nicobar Islands which has got first world championships medalist in any sport. 

Well done Albein Esow, bringing the island to the world map in sports :cheer:

In cycling you mean, I suppose? Just to clarify :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, Dolby said:

In cycling for India and any sport for Andaman and Nicobar Islands

Thanks! And Albein is his first name? He's listed as Esow Esow, so I'm curious as to what his name actually is :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Thanks! And Albein is his first name? He's listed as Esow Esow, so I'm curious as to what his name actually is :p 

Yes his first name is Albein .He's following Deborah Harold India's first cyclist to be ranked in top 10 of senior world rankings -highest of 4 in 500m women's time trial, also from Andaman and Nicobar Islands... Even her name is like Deborah Deborah in UCI.. 

And she is a hero of the island known not just for her international medals but also for the miraculous fighting spirit in life... She survived the tsunami by staying on a tree and eating leaves for 1 week... 

And the island don't even get 1/100 th of national budget. And any medal from the island I believe is like a medal from those like Nauru, Samoa or smaller islands like Wallis and Futuna whose funding is very less and comparable to Andaman and Nicobar Islands.. 

I just hope the funding could increase after this result.... There is potential but nothing can be done without money... 

On the womens side so far business as usual: Italy dominating endurance events and Germany dominating sprint events

On the mens side things are not so clear and there is much more variety with medals for India, Czech Republic and Kazakhstan

Positive surprises: The polish girls and the french guys (maybe we could also mention the australian guys) + track cycling might finally become a more global sport

Negative surprises: GB as a team and from a german perspective the whole team except for womens sprint events

I wish the german coaches would take lessons from the french coaches. France had one amazing talent on the womens side in Gros and now they seem to focus more on the mens side, Germany on the other hand is producing great female sprint talents every year, which makes not much sense given that there are only 2-3 spots in those events at the olympics. At the same time Germany is clearly lacking talent on the mens side and in all endurance events. Until 2020 Germany should be fine, but after that the german team faces a very dark future in mens sprint/team sprint/keirin.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.