website statistics

Road Cycling 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

Pro win for a rider from Monaco, you don't see that everyday.

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/volta-a-portugal/2022/stage-8

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Women's European championships road race was today, Elisa Balsamo got surprisingly close to Lorena Wiebes :yikes: 

Don't think anyone has been within 3 bike lengths of Wiebes in a sprint this year, so that's quite a performance, but it wasn't enough to beat her :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Tour de l'Avenir is going on, one of the main stage races for juniors. Wednesday we had stage 6, and this was a rather scary and weird fall right at the finish, with the bike of Ethiopian Welay Berhe bouncing into two others :yikes:

At 1:35:25 or so.

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

Apparently Attila Valter is now officially part of the Jumbo-Visma team. And so are Jan Tratnik and Thomas Gloag. Maybe @heywoodu knows what this means because I don't. :d But I am guessing Valter is now in a better team compared to FDJ. 

This means Attila Valter will probably be working for some riders like Primoz Roglic and Jonas Vingegaard instead of going for his own chances in big races, but with a big chance of huge improvements and eventually getting his own chances. First in smaller races, and if that goes well, in big races :d 

I think he'll already get his shot in some of the 1-week stage races at the highest level, since he is not some up-and-coming rider, but somehow who has already shown that he is capable of riding excellently in the mountains and such.

Tratnik will probably be more for classics and one-day races, he is definitely a good attacker, and Gloag is an excellent young rider coming up through the U23 ranks. Good step for all of them, especially Gloag, but I think Valter will be the best of these three :d 

26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This means Attila Valter will probably be working for some riders like Primoz Roglic and Jonas Vingegaard instead of going for his own chances in big races, but with a big chance of huge improvements and eventually getting his own chances. First in smaller races, and if that goes well, in big races :d 

I think he'll already get his shot in some of the 1-week stage races at the highest level, since he is not some up-and-coming rider, but somehow who has already shown that he is capable of riding excellently in the mountains and such.

Tratnik will probably be more for classics and one-day races, he is definitely a good attacker, and Gloag is an excellent young rider coming up through the U23 ranks. Good step for all of them, especially Gloag, but I think Valter will be the best of these three :d 

you just forgot the most important thing of them all...

most likely, now they have a real chance to meet Jutta Leerdam at some gala event organized by their (common) main sponsor...:lol: :cheer: :banana: :p

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

you just forgot the most important thing of them all...

most likely, now they have a real chance to meet Jutta Leerdam at some gala event organized by their (common) main sponsor...:lol: :cheer: :banana: :p

No thanks :d 

Although I wonder if she has her smoker voice there as well :p 

On 8/14/2022 at 10:35 AM, heywoodu said:

Pro win for a rider from Monaco, you don't see that everyday.

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/volta-a-portugal/2022/stage-8

Thanks @dcro for the reaction, that reminded me I wanted to update this a little :d 

Langelotti has had an excellent Vuelta a España, with a few days in the mountain's jersey. Obviously he's not exactly the best climber, and he has sadly retired from the Vuelta by now. Still an excellent performance though! And I happened to read about his past a few days ago: not long ago he was 15kg too heavy (!) and absolutely addicted to gaming, barely going anywhere even to train. Magically he kept getting contracts though, rich dad might have helped.

This sounds rather bad, but the good thing is that he genuinely seems to have turned it around. He's not overweight anymore, he's actually training instead of just playing games, and it's paying off with good progress lately, and results that might not be enough for a World Tour team, but definitely make him a worthy part of a squad like Burgos :cheer: 

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Langelotti has had an excellent Vuelta a España, with a few days in the mountain's jersey. Obviously he's not exactly the best climber, and he has sadly retired from the Vuelta by now. Still an excellent performance though! And I happened to read about his past a few days ago: not long ago he was 15kg too heavy (!) and absolutely addicted to gaming, barely going anywhere even to train. Magically he kept getting contracts though, rich dad might have helped.

A Monegasque guy addicted to gambling? No way. :p

#banbestmen