website statistics

Mountain Bike Cycling 2022 Dicussion Thread

Totallympics

• 7 months later...

UCI has announced the World Cup calendar for next year (hence this thread instead of the 2022 thread), and I've rarely been so excited about a piece of MTB news :yikes: 

The cross-country will start in.....Valkenburg :NED:hyper::hyper:  We are going to book our hotel soon I think :d 

Spoiler

calendar.jpg?fit=thumb&fl=progressive&w=

It's a bit of a consolation for losing Red Bull as main partner, let's hope it will at least be just as easy to watch everything as it has been for years thanks to Red Bull.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

UCI has announced the World Cup calendar for next year (hence this thread instead of the 2022 thread), and I've rarely been so excited about a piece of MTB news :yikes: 

The cross-country will start in.....Valkenburg :NED:hyper::hyper:  We are going to book our hotel soon I think :d 

Reveal hidden contents

It's a bit of a consolation for losing Red Bull as main partner, let's hope it will at least be just as easy to watch everything as it has been for years thanks to Red Bull.

So the Leiden bid to stage a Mountain Bike WC race went the same way as the Alpine Skiing bid, huh?  :nopompom:

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Hide contents

calendar.jpg?fit=thumb&fl=progressive&w=

Wow that's going to be a great event to attend!

Massive news, Mathias Flückiger of Switzerland - silver medal winner at the Tokyo Olympics and last season's World Cup winner - has tested positive for zeranol and is provisionally suspended :yikes: 

https://www.srf.ch/sport/mehr-sport/european-championships/positive-doping-probe-mathias-flueckiger-provisorisch-suspendiert

Still on the start list for today's European championships, but yeah...that ain't happening I assume.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So yeah, European mountainbike XCO championships have gone, and weren't too interesting. Thomas Pidcock was way better than the rest in the men's race, Pauline Ferrand Prevot dominated the women's race until some mechanical trouble threw her back to silver, way behind Loane Lecomte, and that never became a real fight. Only fight was for bronze, with Anne Terpstra dropping Jolanda Neff eventually.

Also the track was utterly awful, only yesterday's rain provided a bit of interesting stuff. The women even avoided 95% of the already terrible fake rocks.