website statistics

Rhythmic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2018

AlFHg

I have to agree with @vinipereira... Russia's first exercise was all about their great technical level, but that performance didn't deserve such a high score. Again "Mamma Viner" threatened to hang the judges if they didn't make sure that Russia sweept the gold medals.

Loved Italy (despite their disgusting "tiger" outfits), Bulgaria (with that terrible error in their second routine) & Ukraine (too bad they couldn't be on the podium). Also enjoyed Hungary's "Wonder Woman" exercise :yes

As usual, American RG director also bought their girls a better score that they actually deserve;  their 3x-2x exercise was juvenile and rather cheesy from the start; hope judges won't favor them 2 weeks from now in the PanAm championships. 

But what really gave another reason to celebrate today (Mexico's independence day that is) is the performance of our group. They have grown so much, and their hoops routine for me is among the best ones in the world, only lacking more difficulty; as for their mixed apparatus, this is probably the first time I've watched them avoid major mistakes and they got rewarded finishing 9th in that routine and in the all around standings. :clap:

Finally gold for Bulgaria at the last day of the championships :clap: I managed to visit Friday and Saturday competition and the atmosphere was great. Time to move now to volleyball. Three world championships in Bulgaria at the same time is a tough program to manage :)