website statistics

Badminton 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

Treesa Jolly / Gayathri Gopichand :bowdown: 

Unbelievable, Marvelous, doesn't even feel like I'll get a dream about them reaching in semis. 

The teenagers have been saving match points all tournament , no different against Worlds '21 silver medallist and current No 2 Lee So Hee /Shin Seung Chan today. 

Was sad to see they didn't make the tournament at draws, just got a last moment entry along with the Brazilian pair due to withdrawals and they have made the most of it in a field of all Olympic medallists.

The last time we had won a title in this tournament was when Gayathri's father Pullela won the Men's Singles . 

Looks set for a mouthwatering women's finals between the 2 best women currently in singles 

:KOR An Se Young v :JPN Yamaguchi 

TTY :TWN  has seen her game being read by most shutlers now while fluke Olympic champion :CHNCYF showing where she currently lies. 

Lakshya  into the finals v Axelsen what a mouthwatering final :cheer::clap: 

Fantastic tournament for teenagers Treesa / Gayathri ,promoted from the reserves, reaching the semis ,first ever doubles semifinalist at All England. Treesa might revolutionize world badminton in women's doubles with her powerful jump smashes. Can hold their head high despite the loss yesterday coming through the quarter of world silver medallist and olympic champions to make it to the semis

My guess for the All England Finals winners and let's check the accuracy rate at night

Men's single: :DEN Axelsen

Women's single: :JPN Yamaguchi

Men's doubles: :INA  Fikri/Maulana

Women's doubles: :CHN Zhang/Zheng

Mixed doubles: :CHN Wang/Huang

25 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

My guess for the All England Finals winners and let's check the accuracy rate at night

Men's single: :DEN Axelsen

Women's single: :JPN Yamaguchi

Men's doubles: :INA  Fikri/Maulana

Women's doubles: :CHN Zhang/Zheng

Mixed doubles: :CHN Wang/Huang

Basically we have the same prediction except the Women's Singles