website statistics

Athletics 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

25 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Wojciech Nowicki 81,43 in the hammer. The best Kenyan was under 50 meters :what:

Well, that’s what I like about the Kenyans, they keep trying in events even where they have no history.  And sometimes they turn up athletes like Yego & Omanyala, so it works out.

Not gonna lie, I am actually starting to get worried that Mykolas Alekna is progressing too quickly :lol:

He sent the discus flying to a huge mark of 68.73 and improved a bunch of Lithuanian and international records yet again.

I just hope he doesn't burn out like Meilutytė with such strong results at such a young age. 

Another interesting thing that's developing in Lithuanian athletics right now is that there are two sprinters: Adas Dambrauskas (2005) and Danielius Vasiliauskas (2006).

Every time that Adas Dambrauskas breaks an age group record, Vasiliauskas breaks that record the following year.

Danielius started the season yesterday with a 10.80 and a new Lithuanian 100m u17 record

I wonder what time is Dambrauskas going to answer with, because he looked very very good this winter indoors.

Both already have qualifying marks in the 100m and 200m in the European U18 Championships. 

17 hours ago, Bearas said:

:LTU Andrius Gudžius with new WL in discus at 69.39 m mark. Both Gudžius and Alekna keep improving their season results almost every week. 

The conditions with which he threw this 69.39 were appalling and I don't know how much we can look into this result.

There was no proper throwing sector there, no net and the grass wasn't cut properly.