website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 Early Predictions

9 minutes ago, Ted said:

To my mind, Petra winning 2 or 3 medals (incl. at least 1 gold) is highly likely unless sth goes terribly wrong. Come on, try to be a bit less cautious and more optimistic, please.

I am trying, trust me I am trying, it is just so hard :p Slovakia is a country with endless well of disappointments when it come to sports. Again trust me, I know what I am talking about :d we are so used to disappointements that we rather always expect the worse. You know it is always better to be pleasantly surprised than sorrowfully disappointed. that is called optimistic realistic pessimism :d

1 medal would be already huge, a Gold would be prodigious, 2 medals would be just exceptional, 3 would be just ... well, non-slovak :p

On 1/5/2022 at 10:30 AM, OlympicsFan said:

Overall the List isn‘t Too Bad in my opinion, although i would have picked different Athletes in Some disciplines, for Example Stolz/Wiklund in Speed Skating or Vinatzer in men‘s alpine Skiing.

Could you write your exact predictions for gold, silver and bronze in the specific events/disciplines you are referring to in your post? :mumble::d

8 hours ago, hckošice said:

and here are the newest predictions.

Now it is reaching really to the sci-fi spheres :lol:  they for the first time in their predictions predict also a gold for Slovakia.  1-1-1, All 3 medals are apparently predicted to be won by Vlhová (the silver and bronze not being specified in which events, gold in Slalom), ehm....

Well, maybe better to take a big breath and caaaaaalmly return a bit on earth haha,

any medal for us would be something huge and so unusual, Remember at the last 2 WOG Slovakia won in total 4 medals and ALL OF THEM were won only by Nastya Kuzmina. Slovakia since the independence won only 8 WOG medals (6 by Kuzmina) and only 1 of them was not from biathlon, the legendary Bradburyesque Torino 2006 Rado Židek silver :lol:

So just let the thing doing naturally its way. Making enormous pressures etc never helped to anyone. Petra herself know what she want, all her season (maybe carrers) goals aimed for this February. As she keep repeating to the medias again and again all the team worked so extremely hard and now they have just to hope and pray to avoid Covid and injuries, she has just to stay calm, focused on her work and skiing and that dreamed medal for Slovakia can become a reality :fingers:

if she manages to do it, then I am convinced that one day she will be elected the president of the country lol

VMT-Olympics2022-1-10-010422.pngVMT-Olympics2022-11-20-010422.pngVMT-Olympics2022-21-27-010422.png

No way are the Norwegians going to win 45 total medals or 22 golds (as much as I would really like this to happen as a notorious die-hard fan of 🇳🇴:d)

23 hours ago, hckošice said:

Not entirely sure but should be Maliszewska I guess

Yes, they probably think about her. Well, I think she is a medal chance but she is not a main favourite for gold in 500m. 

Our ski jumpers jump short this season so I don't see a big gold medal chance this year unfortunately. We can only hope for a great surprise like a 50 km race walk in Tokyo. 

5 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

Yes, they probably think about her. Well, I think she is a medal chance but she is not a main favourite for gold in 500m. 

Our ski jumpers jump short this season so I don't see a big gold medal chance this year unfortunately. We can only hope for a great surprise like a 50 km race walk in Tokyo. 

Ski Jumping can be so unpredictable at the Olympics that anything absolutely crazy can happen. My Grandpa always told me with laugh that story with that sudden strong wind which blew Fortuna to the gold in Sapporo to shock the whole planet and all favorites :d

10 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Ski Jumping can be so unpredictable at the Olympics that anything absolutely crazy can happen. My Grandpa always told me with laugh that story with that sudden strong wind which blew Fortuna to the gold in Sapporo to shock the whole planet and all favorites :d

Fortuna gold was really crazy. His second jump was very bad and he has eventually won by a very small margin. 

Word FORTUNA in Polish means Fortune, Luck. Yes, he was very lucky in Sapporo.

If we add Tomala we must admit that Sapporo is a Lucky place for Polish athletes. So i hope there will be 2030 Winter Games in Sapporo.