website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey IIHF Under 20 World Championship 2022

hckošice

What happens with the results so far? Sweden did well and were on the way to secure the group win. Is it meanless now? 

Understand why they cancelled the tournament but call it fair still isn’t right. Whatever they do it will not be completely fair. 

So sad. :(

8 minutes ago, Belle said:

What happens with the results so far? Sweden did well and were on the way to secure the group win. Is it meanless now? 

Understand why they cancelled the tournament but call it fair still isn’t right. Whatever they do it will not be completely fair. 

So sad. :(

I understand your disappointement. I am very disappointed as well. but the thing is that the way they started to handle the covid positive cases was not fair at all.

Just imagine one (I repeat only 1, maybe even the third goalie for example) of your players being for some reason tested positive before the quarterfinal. Your opponent will be awarded the win 1-0 and end the tournament for Sweden. Would be this fair ? I do not think so. And this is exactly what happened in the forfeited 3 matches, CZE and RUS had 1 positive case, USA 2 cases but their teams lost on the table 0-1. For me this is not only utterly stupid, totally absurd but also completely unfair. This just completely influenced and compromised the tournament´s sport integrity. 

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

I understand your disappointement. I am very disappointed as well. but the thing is that the way they started to handle the covid positive cases was not fair at all.

Just imagine one (I repeat only 1, maybe even the third goalie for example) of your players being for some reason tested positive before the quarterfinal. Your opponent will be awarded the win 1-0 and end the tournament for Sweden. Would be this fair ? I do not think so. And this is exactly what happened in the forfeited 3 matches, CZE and RUS had 1 positive case, USA 2 cases but their teams lost on the table 0-1. For me this is not only utterly stupid, totally absurd but also completely unfair. This just completely influenced and compromised the tournament´s sport integrity. 

Still it’s unfair to example Sweden.

The team did bad good then the tournament were cancelled lol. Let’s start again and see if the results will be in our favour. 

Agree with the way the handle this was stupid. But what now?? It’s still stupid. 

45 minutes ago, Belle said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/coreypronman?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1476337752161472513|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

It seems the  IIHF President wants to reschedule the tournament to the summer. But why in freaking Canada?? :mumble:

$$$$

1 hour ago, Belle said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/coreypronman?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1476337752161472513|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

It seems the  IIHF President wants to reschedule the tournament to the summer. But why in freaking Canada?? :mumble:

For the same reason the senior worlds are always in Europe: it’s where the ticket sales and the TV viewership is the best.

Our team shortly before the match against :RUS which turned to be cancelled and a couple of minutes later also the whole tournament...

so the kids showed they are a great united group and just decided to say a joint farewell to the tournament lol

LcFktkqTURBXy81YzU3YWZkYzhhMTVhMGE1ZGRlY

_8zktkqTURBXy8xNTUwMjk3Y2FiMWVlNzcwNjdmM

jo8ktkqTURBXy8wMTc1N2Q5NGVlOTE0ZGM0ODY3Z

13 hours ago, hckošice said:

well, rumors ongoing in our medias that

Apparently the positive tested Russian player was Matvei Michkov himself... but then took a retest by the Russian team meds that tuned out to be negative. :facepalm:

and it turned out to be true. The Russians are outraged. to the point they are even accusing the organizers of deliberate provocation and dishonest play. :lol:

ae78a2f5-30a3-40b3-9c76-10d1d7637a84-jpe