Totallympics

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

:INA Agatha won an epic match against :IND Das! I love the indian archery, sadly they will end without medals. Congrats to Indonesia, they have an amazing day!

Indian archery is on a fast decline. Till 2-3 years back, we were close to the top, Women's team had defeated even the mighty Koreans multiple times in WCs but then suddenly :cry:

Also, coming into the game, our best hope for medal in Archery was compound events only. Our recurve team has never performed well at Olympics/Asian Games. 

Since the 2019 Archery World Championship will have a higher priority the bronze medal match in the men's recurve will likely decide who qualifies. While Indonesia will likely qualify in the women's recurve regardless of the result in the final.

6 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Again a big team is eliminated in mixed recurve... China was defeated by North Korea!

Gold Medal Match

:JPN Japan - North Korea :PRK

Bronze Medal Match

:MGL Mongolia - China :CHN

north-korea-is-best-korea.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Big upsets in mixed team recurve archery. By reaching the finals North Korea is guaranteed the Olympic quota since Japan will have the host quota. It'll be very unlikely that North Korea will win a team quota in both the men's and women's events at the 2019 World Championship so Mongolia is out of luck despite defeating South Korea.

The women’s team recurve Gold Medal Match is starting, I think we might see a TPE victory today

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

20 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The women’s team recurve Gold Medal Match is starting, I think we might see a TPE victory today

I was wrong

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela