website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Los Angeles 2028 Sports Programme

Very disappointing news, especially boxing. We haven't qualified any boxers for the Olympics since 2008 and finally have some young hopes now and 2024 might be their only chance to make it.

Weightlifting we used to send big teams and at the last three Olympics we only had one weightlifter. We no longer win medals in the sport and there are many problems so I'm not surprised or disappointed, though for us that was always one of our most successful sports historically so it is significant for us I guess.

We were always irrelevant in modern pentathlon anyways so I am indifferent.

Surfing and skateboarding are a joke in my opinion. What's next? Bowling? Darts? Billiards? Those are actually better options in my opinion!

9 hours ago, intoronto said:

Making surfing permanent almost excludes any inland host. For Example Toronto cannot host surfing and I'm sure other cities are in the same boat.

To borrow an obscure movie reference, but it works perfectly here..

Tahiti is not in Europe

3 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Also any news on rowing categories? Lightweight? Coastal?

Today’s statements seem to indicate those decisions will be finalized in 2023.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Oh well.. Skateboarding :lol: The sport I hated the most at the games. Good to see Modern Pentathlon reaching where it deserves. Hopefully never gets included in the games again. I'm ok with Surfing making the list, it's a nice sport but is more enjoyable to watch it in person and even more fun when you have learnt it, living an hour away from the Surfing capital of the country I dare oppose it's inclusion as core sport.  :p

I hope weightlifting and boxing cleans every mess and gets added along with some additional sports .

• 7 months later...
19 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Cricket, breaking, baseball/softball, flag football, lacrosse, karate, kickboxing, squash and motorsport federations invited to submit applications inclusion at 2028 Games

You are talking about LA additional sports here, right ?