website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Los Angeles 2028 Sports Programme

Boxing is not going anywhere. This is only some kind of finger pointing for the public. Does anyone even think that USA, the epitome of boxing legacy and history will not have boxing on their program?! Don't be foolish.

Weightlifting will have some more work to do, but there is enough time. Probably will let them have some 4-5 weights after some public humiliation.

With the now permanent addition of the lame children sports, i can let Modern Pentathlon go. We need to open room in the non-essential category.

Skateboarding and sport climbing as core sports are not surprising, both have been linked heavily to the modernization of the games. Given the next three hosts are all big surfing nations it makes sense to make it a core sport and then evaluate it in 12 years.

The three axed sports all have current issues and while the universality of boxing and weightlifting will be missed I do think it's a ploy by the IOC to force AIBA/UIPM/IWF's hand and make changes just like they did with wrestling.

3 hours ago, intoronto said:

Probably due to the WC proposal every 2 years.

Making surfing permanent almost excludes any inland host. For Example Toronto cannot host surfing and I'm sure other cities are in the same boat.

And great just what the Olympics needs... more judged sports.

Can't wait for @phelps response

:lol: 

just this: :zip:

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

how many additional sports we will have here ? those from the host nation. they didn't give a number

We do not know. The IOC is apparently going to clarify tomorrow the steps Boxing and Weightlifting need to follow to be included in 2028. There is apparently going to be a way for them to be included other than the additional sport path.

It definitively looks like it isn't game over for the three sports that are currently excluded, but this is still obviously not good for them.

5 hours ago, intoronto said:

Probably due to the WC proposal every 2 years.

Making surfing permanent almost excludes any inland host. For Example Toronto cannot host surfing and I'm sure other cities are in the same boat.

And great just what the Olympics needs... more judged sports.

Can't wait for @phelps response

Can somewhere else in Canada host it?