website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Team Sizes

Marcos Baghatis :CYP

The news with regard to my left elbow injury is bad I am afraid. The pain is still there niggling and does not go away. It is clear that unless I am 100% fit and healthy to compete, I shall not participate at the ‪#‎Olympics‬ because I would be doing injustice to my country in being unable to compete 100%. I am honoured that my country has entrusted me to represent it at ‪#‎Rio2016‬ together with my other fellow athletes.
It is therefore with great sadness that I now announce my withdrawal from the Cyprus Olympic Team. I have already informed the Cyprus Tennis Federation.
I wish the ‪#‎Cyprus‬ Team all the very best of success at the Games, and shall cheer for them as loud as I can.
The plan is now for me to continue my rehabilitation program so hopefully I can compete in 3 USA tournaments, culminating with the US Open Tennis Championships.
Thank you to all my fans for the support !

Gabius (mens marathon) and Petzschner (mens doubles tennis) out due to injury/illness, german team down to 424 athletes (without reserves).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

il y a 20 minutes, dcro a déclaré:

Awesome, now we finally know one more cycling wild card.

Seeing cyclist from Laos also sounds exciting. :d

I am only interested in athletics, so I have no clue whether what I am posting has any kind of significance or not :p