website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

55 minutes ago, tigersay said:

Oh, I've found one more thing. Rodchenkov said that doping was also given to Tretiakov. In the list above there is NO skeleton. Where is the truth, WADA?)) 

Skeleton is included under bobsleigh since they are in one federation

3 hours ago, LDOG said:

It's "lies", lays are potato chips :d

that's because americans and british are all clean, they are superhumans and are able to beat doped russians. oh, wait that's Rocky.

it will be huge win for clean sport when Britney Reese jumps 7,50 in Rio

hace 11 minutos, nenad said:

that's because americans and british are all clean, they are superhumans and are able to beat doped russians. oh, wait that's Rocky.

it will be huge win for clean sport when Britney Reese jumps 7,50 in Rio

Ok, but how's that related to potato chips?

The problem is is that the Russian case is state/systematic doping a lot like the East Germans back in the 70's/80's. In other words the government knows about it, are sponsoring it and coveting it up. Whereas those in the Western World who are caught are doping privately for themselves. Hence why you don't get as many positive druggies. 

I just feel sorry for all those Russians that are innocent from all of this. Unfortunately they will all be tainted with being on drugs,  just by reading what's on twitter alone will justify what I've said. It's sad, and there's no winners from this. 

1 час назад, Dragon сказал:

Skeleton is included under bobsleigh since they are in one federation

Skiing and snowboarding are also under one federation, but they are divided. So that doesn't work.

Edited by tigersay

Welcome to Cold War vol 2. In last two years is so IN to be in anti Russian mood. In spor there is acusations for sistematic doping, on Eurovision there is stories about political songs and anti gay laws and so on. And from the other side we have supernatural athlets like Michael Phelps who swim 10 races daily (and won 9), Marion Jones, Lance Armstrong, Ian Thorpe suoerman whose father worked for WADA....... Long live politics... I mean clean sport. Hurray

:wacko:

I agree that doping cases in high profile sports like the Olympics can often be politically motivated.  As a Canadian, seeing Ben Johnson stripped of his gold in Seoul and handing it to Carl Lewis was the height of hypocrisy.  

However, I think it's about time for the IOC to play hardball with state-sponsored doping.  The report is pretty damning, if true.  Just as a Canadian, I wouldn't mind seeing Russian medals revoked from Sochi (it won't happen) because it'd give us a sweep in Men's moguls and our first luge medal in the team event.  Those are just off the top of my head.  Unfortunately, we will never know what would have happened with our women's speed skating team which was knocked out in the first round against the Russians, despite posting the 2nd best time of the round.  A time that would have been good enough for silver or bronze (which they lowered later in the placing race).  

I read an interview with a Canadian runner who missed the finals in the 1500m in London by one spot.  Since then, four athletes in that final (not just Russians) have been proven to be doping.  It's not as easy as moving everyone up a lot of the times.  Who knows what would have happened if these cheats weren't there.  

I say ban Russia.  Off the top of my head, I don't think this will help Canada in any events in Rio.  Either it's the Olympics without Russia, or every event where a Russian wins a medal will be looked at skeptically.  At this point the Games are already tainted by this scandal, but one of the options gives the IOC the opportunity to give a warning to others in the future.  

Edited by orangeman
typo