website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

21 минуту назад, orangeman сказал:

Every time a Russian steps on a podium in 2016 there will be whispers.  The IOC's fear of harming the Olympics has just discredited dozens of events.  Maybe they should hold a special ceremony for the 4th/5th place people from now on.  

I'm sure their will be clean than of any other country. They have already passed and will pass thousands of drug samples

2 minutes ago, dareza said:

really?

No :p

Romanova too I see now, but she wasn't really a medal favourite anyway.

http://www.iwf.net/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2016/07/Rio2016_List-of-Athletes-by-Event_20160721_Public.pdf

Out of the Russians on the entry list, those two are the only ones who have served a doping ban. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Ahora, heywoodu said:

No :p

Romanova too I see now, but she wasn't really a medal favourite anyway.

http://www.iwf.net/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2016/07/Rio2016_List-of-Athletes-by-Event_20160721_Public.pdf

Out of the Russians on the entry list, those two are the only ones who have served a doping ban. 

There's still that sword of damocles hanging over RU, AZ, BY and KZ over those old samples tho.

il y a 16 minutes, carivan a déclaré:

It's about paying for your crimes. Sochi might be done and over but being banned as a nation because as a nation you cheated your way to 13 gold medals would be a fit punishment. It'd send a message that this kind of shit is unacceptable. Going with "what's done is done" is irresponsible sick enabling and a mockery of the effort and sacrifices clean athletes go through during every 4 years cycle.

´i agree totally with you 

3. The ROC is not allowed to enter any athlete for the Olympic Games Rio 2016 who has ever been sanctioned for doping, even if he or she has served the sanction. 

This can easily be overturned, all they have to do is cite CAS's ruling on the Osaka Rule

how about volleyball doping issues?

if they have more than one player with positive sample in NT finally, what should fivb do?

and after all we have a possible unique ban procedure for russia in weightlifting anyway!

Edited by amiry2j

Zakarin can also be added to the list of people who won't participate. 

3. The ROC is not allowed to enter any athlete for the Olympic Games Rio 2016 who has ever been sanctioned for doping, even if he or she has served the sanction. 

Lol, people are sick of Efimova, I'm sick of Gatlin and Gay. But these guys will participate and fight for the medals.

About volleyball - I think that Russia will participate, president of FIVB had said about it earlier.