website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

28 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

I won't answer the same thing 5 different times.

So I'll leave you with a WADA/IOC member 

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-doping-russia-report-idUSKCN0ZX0JQ

I'll add one thing though. We are not talking about personal opinions here (like ours), but governing bodies ones. Bodies that have a certained defined reach, that they clearly overpass on that occasion.

Well, it should be mentioned that the Inado (the Federation of National anti doping organisations) are for a ban as well.

But I will not keep on discussing, as I will barely have any net for the next week.

il y a 1 minute, Agger a déclaré:

Well, it should be mentioned that the Inado (the Federation of National anti doping organisations) are for a ban as well.

Never heard of them :p But in their case it might be legit (my point is not about legality) to voice their opinion.

2 hours ago, stamura84 said:

politics in sport is a bad think.....why nothing new on great britain's doctor and his doped athlets? why nothing about spain on doctor fuentes time ago?just russia.please I am agree to punish russian federation but I expect more fight to doping also to other countries.I hope russia will react and will investigate on other countries and more shit will come out.

The claims about Russia were made some time ago and a report on their activities has only just been delivered. Meanwhile the newspaper claims about a Kenyan doctor giving drugs to British athletes were made just nine days ago, so obviously no one has had time to do anything in terms of completing an investigation. For what it is worth UK Anti-Doping have sent two investigators to Kenya, although the Kenyans who made the original allegation now appear to be backing off the claims. In addition UK Athletics say they have never heard of the doctor in question and take their own medical staff with them to all their training camps. We'll have to see what comes out when a final report is delivered but it is totally unrealistic to expect it to be so less than ten days after the allegation was made.

1 hour ago, De_Gambassi said:

I won't answer the same thing 5 different times.

So I'll leave you with a WADA/IOC member 

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-doping-russia-report-idUSKCN0ZX0JQ

I'll add one thing though. We are not talking about personal opinions here (like ours), but governing bodies ones. Bodies that have a certained defined reach, that they clearly overpass on that occasion.

The "mission" from USADA:

Preserve the integrity of competition – Inspire true sport – Protect the rights of U.S. athletes

That's what this is about. Protecting the rights of their athletes doesn't mean it should be limited to their borders, since their athletes don't only compete within their borders. 

Just took a random NADO in English by the way, because it's easier, but I guess most NADO's have something like this on their website. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

Are all American and British athletes clean. The answer is no, but in the case of GB - I can't speak for the US - the BOC has always taken a hardline against drug cheats and, until forced to overturn the rule by WADA, they banned them for life. Denmark was the only other country to take a similar line. If any British athlete has used drugs in order to enhance their performance then I hope they will be exposed by the testers in Rio.

As has been mentioned elsewhere there is a world of difference between state sponsored doping on a mass scale as occurred in the old East Germany and now appears to be the case in Russia, and individual coaches and athletes using drugs to cheat the competition in countries like the US. Both are unacceptable but clearly the former is much more serious simply because of the breadth of it and the collusion of various organs of the state.

I'm sorry to see that much of the debate has been political rather than considering the effect of doping/cheating on the athletes. Firstly, those who are being cheated out of medals and the financial benefits that may go with them, but equally those Russian athletes who have been placed under pressure to take drugs in order to pursue a political agenda and by doing so are placing their health at risk.

Will Russia be banned from Rio? My guess is yes or the IOC and the Olympic Games will have no credibility left. If Russia was present each time her athletes won a medal there would be a huge cloud over both them and the event. Will there be drug cheats present in Rio? Undoubtedly, and we can only hope that they are caught no matter which country they originate from and exposed to the ridicule and punishment they fully deserve. I for one am sick of having to see proven drug cheats like Gatlin and Efimova lining up at major championships and favour lifetime bans.

I always get that response that of course not all British and Americans are clean but there isn't no state sponsored doping. And I'm failing to see ANY of  high profile athletes

from these countries getting bans. Are they just more sophisticated or there is something else to it?

2 godziny temu, tigersay napisał:

Oh, more Russian haters in the thread. To be honest - if WADA really wanted to clean sport in Russia,  they should do totally different things:

1) Tell EVERY story of these scary anonymous Russian dopers(today we have no new of them)

2)Totally ban RUSADA, make all anti-doping work about Russian athletes outside of Russia and in that time try to make new clean agency inside of it with British, American - anyone who knows what should be done(today we have nearly no kind of this work)

It's known that more names - less place for political rumours and discussions.

But now we have only words about total(of course) disqualification and some clouds above events with Russian medals.

No, i`m not a hater. Problem of Russia is that the guilt is "proven". In case of US not. I want to see Polish athletes in fair rivalry against Russians. If for now u can`t guarantee this, see you in Tokyo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

27 минут назад, Pavlo сказал:

No, i`m not a hater. Problem of Russia is that the guilt is "proven". In case of US not. I want to see Polish athletes in fair rivalry against Russians. If for now u can`t guarantee this, see you in Tokyo

27 минут назад, Pavlo сказал:

What is it "proven". Proved that Isinbayeva, gymnasts, wrestlers and others took dope?! No that's not true. They are clean, as well as other athletes from Russia and deserve to compete at the Olympics

4 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

Will Russia be banned from Rio? My guess is yes or the IOC and the Olympic Games will have no credibility left. If Russia was present each time her athletes won a medal there would be a huge cloud over both them and the event. 

If they do ban Russia completely there is a good chance that other countries closer to Russia will boycott the Games  and we return to 80/84 time, which everyone "loved" of course. Where would the credibility of the OG be there? This is a thin game that is happening for some time now and goes above sport, so don't be surprised if there is a middle decision.

il y a 2 minutes, Federer91 a déclaré:

If they do ban Russia completely there is a good chance that other countries closer to Russia will boycott the Games  and we return to 80/84 time, which everyone "loved" of course. Where would the credibility of the OG be there? This is a thin game that is happening for some time now and goes above sport, so don't be surprised if there is a middle decision.

Well I think the credibility of the OG will be put in question if they don't ban Russia.

And no I don't hate Russia, but I think it's totally unfair to let them get away with it and I feel sorry for the other athletes that are clean and have to compete against cheaters.  Where is the logic there?