website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

hace 36 minutos, carivan said:

Russian athletes based outside of Russia like Klishina should be allowed to compete. Ban the rest.

What do we do with team sports then? we allow only players that perform outside of Russia? that is complex.

hace 1 minuto, LDOG said:

What do we do with team sports then? we allow only players that perform outside of Russia? that is complex.

If they can form a team with them, sure. Otherwise, too bad but the priority should be protecting the athletes that's worked their ass off for 4 years from losing a deserving medal to tools of Putin's vanity.

i dont say the russian sistematic doping are lies, probably there are true but be honest: the russian case if for politic and the most cases of doping are from countrys and athletes who have olds forms of dopings, for that reason we see a very few dopings of the sports powerful countries in the world, Rusia has all or the most part of their delegation with doping and we dont see any from U.S.A and China?, come on......and i dont have any doubt that in China there are a biggest sistematic doping even than Russia, in the case of United States im not sure.......

Edited by konig

hace 3 minutos, konig said:

i dont say the russian sistematic doping are lays, probably there are true but be honest: the russian case if for politic and the most cases of doping are from countrys and athletes who have olds forms of dopings, for that reason we see a very few dopings of the sports powerful countries in the world, Rusia has all or the most parte of their delegation with doping and we dont see any from U.S.A and China?, come on......and i dont have any doubt that in China there are a biggest sistematic doping even than Russia, in the case of United States im not sure.......

It's "lies", lays are potato chips :d

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I doubt WADA has many interests, but IOC has. However, I'm guessing it's in their interest to see Russia compete, to avoid Rio 2016 going in the books as "The Olympics without Russia". Which is why I guess Russia will be at the Olympics: banning them would be too costly so I'm guessing they'll be lucky.

Egen WADA says they have to be banned, I don't think the IOC have much choice...

12 minutes ago, konig said:

i dont say the russian sistematic doping are lies, probably there are true but be honest: the russian case if for politic and the most cases of doping are from countrys and athletes who have olds forms of dopings, for that reason we see a very few dopings of the sports powerful countries in the world, Rusia has all or the most part of their delegation with doping and we dont see any from U.S.A and China?, come on......and i dont have any doubt that in China there are a biggest sistematic doping even than Russia, in the case of United States im not sure.......

I don't think there is state sponsored doping in the USA/Netherlands/etc. On the other hand, I think the "private doping" (athletes/groups of athletes doping themselves) is way bigger than in countries like China or Russia. But, that's just a feeling and not based on any research :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I don't think there is state sponsored doping in the USA/Netherlands/etc. On the other hand, I think the "private doping" (athletes/groups of athletes doping themselves) is way bigger than in countries like China or Russia. But, that's just a feeling and not based on any research :d 

Agree, the case of Marion Jones and the Balco Laboratory is one example of that.

It's interesting that people discuss there only the fact of possible disqualification and don't mention any real facts that were said on the conference. Have you mentioned that there were NO names of athletes? It seems that they are afraid to do this, because sportsmen can reply just after that. Rodchenkov had said some months ago that Legkov was one of the dopers - and what's next? Just days later there were all documents from Alexander that he was(and is) clean. I think it would be easy for not-dopers to proof their innocence, but WADA even doesn't name anybody - that can lead to destruction of their report.