website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

Just now, hckosice said:

ok, I´ll for sure not read the all million pages,  so can anyone kindly write me 2-3 sentences about what is there written. thanks

Key points:

• The Moscow Laboratory operated a state-dictated system for doped athletes, that the Sochi lab operated a sample-swapping methodology to allow Russian athletes to dope at the 2014 Winter Olympics, and that the Ministry of Sport oversaw the process, with participation from the Russian security service.
  • McLaren: “the system was set up following the 2010 Olympics, and was in place until 2014. It allowed the transformation of a positive result to a negative one, overseen by the Deputy Minister of Sport. The Ministry of Sport, Rusada and the FSB were involved in this process”.
  • McLaren confirms that positive tests “in every sports discipline” were passed to the Deputy Minister of Sport, Yuri Nagornykh. McLaren adds that Nagornykh “decided who would benefit from a cover up and who would not be protected.”
  • McLaren also says Russia manipulated samples during 2013 world athletics and 2015 world swimming championships.
  • McLaren says that the investigation has proved “beyond a reasonable doubt” that this took place, assisted by the FSB, the Russian federal security service. McLaren adds that evidence of tampering on the inside of bottle caps was present in all samples tested.
  • McLaren has said that the report’s key findings have been proven “beyond a reasonable doubt”, and that the evidence is “verifiable”. “I have unwavering confidence in the report”, he adds.
  • "Russian athletes from the vast majority of summer and winter Olympic sports benefited from the Disappearing Positive Methodology"

(Via Rob at GB)

9 minutes ago, vovanA said:

well, has anyone found any clear proves in the report? the only thing i found is witnesses' words. I mean yes, i also have feeling that russian sport is dirty, but there should be at least some photos, recordings, samples or something to make serious steps against russia

I don't think every bit of evidence will be released to the public, like in any investigation. There are still matters of privacy and such, not literally every photo, recording and so on can be made public. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, vovanA said:

well, has anyone found any clear proves in the report? the only thing i found is witnesses' words. I mean yes, i also have feeling that russian sport is dirty, but there should be at least some photos, recordings, samples or something to make serious steps against russia

They tested the samples themselves!!

11 minutes ago, dareza said:

+1 :lol:

Rejoice, there will be more medal chances for Serbian athletes; that's all you need to know. I'm sure you will be jumping up and down until Rio

Edited by zob79

6 минут назад, heywoodu сказал:

I don't think every bit of evidence will be released to the public, like in any investigation. There are still matters of privacy and such, not literally every photo, recording and so on can be made public. 

I understand, but there should be at least something -- someone could allow to publish his words, someone could show his letters with ministry of sport or something. Anyone can make investigations with secret proves, but who can trust it

20 minutes ago, zob79 said:

Rejoice, there will be more medal chances for Serbian athletes; that's all you need to know. I'm sure you will be jumping up and down until Rio

no. it is not the same ;) Im not for total ban of Russian athletes at all.

10 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Russia is first in the firing line, what about USA? Rio without Russia,  will be a big joke.  They should start, but should be tested. That's all. 

Usa government telling them to dope?? Yea ok.  Its not about individual athletes who choose to do so like marion jones or tim montogmery.  Its the government telling them how to!! Its a big big difference.   Rio is already slowly turning into a joke and the Russians must be banned now!! Even if it means 11 volleyball teams or handball teams.  The thought of anyone performing under a Russian flag makes me completley sick

16 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Russia is first in the firing line, what about USA? Rio without Russia,  will be a big joke.  They should start, but should be tested. That's all. 

Because the FBI totally let Marion Jones off the hook and covered for Lance Armstrong...

There is zero evidence of state sponsored dopping in the US.