website statistics

Track Cycling UEC European Championships 2018

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Not too surprising, given that this track (build for Chris Hoy) is said to be clearly in favor of sprinters and not endurance athletes.

Out of curiousity: what does that have to do with the availability of decent live results? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Not bad from the Dutch guys. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Why does track cycling have these strange 'knock-out' rounds? :lol:

Why not simply a qualifying on time, then 1vs8 etc, and knock-out until the gold instead of strange stuff with only the top-4 still having a chance for gold, but 5-8 still in the race for bronze and so on? 

vor 21 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

Out of curiousity: what does that have to do with the availability of decent live results? :p 

Isnt that obvious? :dunno:

This is a track for sprinters, so the athletes are so fast that their times cant be measured. :wacko:

Of course i actually wanted to quote your comment about the russian time in womens team sprint ... :wall:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb dcro:

Germany will race for bronze. :p

I think GB, France, Italy, Switzerland and Russia can all go 3:56. I have to say that i am not happy at all with the first german rider, Leon Rohde gave up in both rounds after like 100 m (i am exaggerating a bit of course), this cant have been the plan.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Why does track cycling have these strange 'knock-out' rounds? :lol:

Why not simply a qualifying on time, then 1vs8 etc, and knock-out until the gold instead of strange stuff with only the top-4 still having a chance for gold, but 5-8 still in the race for bronze and so on? 

This format is good since it puts weight on each round, no room for conserving energy and blah blah in the first round.

Also, quarterfinals 1vs8 (...) would be less competitive, especially among women.

#banbestmen