website statistics

Curling WCF European Championship 2021

Totallympics

On 11/23/2021 at 1:02 AM, stepansevs said:

I am little bit disappointed of lack of interest for this championship. The arena Is nearly empty for each session (i can not compare with previous championship, because it is first ECH which i attented).

One "funny" moment. Organizators asked some school (students) to go there. It was really boring for them and so they made paper plane and it was landed on ice at moment when curlers was curling one stone. Finally they agreed to repeat this stone.

Really sad but I guess that is usually the case with mid-week curling championships in Europe. And a Euro semi final in the early friday morning, I don't know if that is so great time either :facepalm:I am at least happy that Swedish TV broadcasts more games than they usually do.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Swewi said:

Really sad but I guess that is usually the case with mid-week curling championships in Europe. And a Euro semi final in the early friday morning, I don't know if that is so great time either :facepalm:I am at least happy that Swedish TV broadcasts more games than they usually do.

Unfortunately it was not only mid-week. There was Sundaly evening, Norway played against Denmark And yes there were more fans but not so much.

On the other hand, i saw very much famous player next to me and if i would have more encourage i can easily discuss with them And it would be ok for them.

I met Murdoch 5 times (mostly during dinner), Czech former players (Kubeska, Snítil), Turkish girl players and Italian girls players sit next to me during men curling game...

It was interesting to look to their behavior outside of curling matches :-)

+ You can see 5 matches at same time. So you can switch your interest to other game or simultanously watch everything. 

But yes i am big fan of curling and for most people which i know, i am crazy, because for them, it is ridiculous and boring sport.

Back to school (students). They were there twice. But teacher said them to leave  before 10th end (or 4 stone before end) when match was really close.

I was annoyed :-D

1 hour ago, Swewi said:

Luckly eurosport too... But it's just stupid put a semifinals on Friday morning. They just want kill this spot. 

In the 2021 is unacceptable haven't the coverage of ALL the game.

36 minutes ago, stepansevs said:

Unfortunately it was not only mid-week. There was Sundaly evening, Norway played against Denmark And yes there were more fans but not so much.

On the other hand, i saw very much famous player next to me and if i would have more encourage i can easily discuss with them And it would be ok for them.

I met Murdoch 5 times (mostly during dinner), Czech former players (Kubeska, Snítil), Turkish girl players and Italian girls players sit next to me during men curling game...

It was interesting to look to their behavior outside of curling matches :-)

+ You can see 5 matches at same time. So you can switch your interest to other game or simultanously watch everything. 

But yes i am big fan of curling and for most people which i know, i am crazy, because for them, it is ridiculous and boring sport.

Back to school (students). They were there twice. But teacher said them to leave  before 10th end (or 4 stone before end) when match was really close.

I was annoyed :-D

At least great that you are there and I hope the experience is Good anyway! Wish I also could be there Now! 

I am used to small/non existing  crowds When playing myself even World curling tour events or world cup but you would expect more interest in a winter sport country for a european championship!

Looks like we Will have Two SWE-SCO finals. Exciting that Muirhead plats better than in many years Now after the scottish experiment, trying different teams in every competition this year to end up with this specific team. I guess one Swedish gold and one scottish (I know one semi is still to be played and Sco is not qualified for men yet ), however I think the scottish teams Will be favorites in each specific final.

3 hours ago, Swewi said:

Looks like we Will have Two SWE-SCO finals. Exciting that Muirhead plats better than in many years Now after the scottish experiment, trying different teams in every competition this year to end up with this specific team. I guess one Swedish gold and one scottish (I know one semi is still to be played and Sco is not qualified for men yet ), however I think the scottish teams Will be favorites in each specific final.

Unlike with the Norwegians, we Scots do not gave a 1300-year old historical grudge against the Swedish.

Whack! :SCO 3-0 after one end. :cheer:

And it goes as predicted, 9-3 to :SCO after 8, and the Norwegians shake hands.  So tomorrow will indeed be a :SCO v :SWE double bill.

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

Unlike with the Norwegians, we Scots do not gave a 1300-year old historical grudge against the Swedish.

Whack! :SCO 3-0 after one end. :cheer:

And 6-2 after five, so Norway have got it all to do to prevent an early retirement.

10 hours ago, stepansevs said:

I thought that too before I actually started watching it. I was once one of those school children that was sent to fill some seats (2005 Canadian junior championships) and we were all so bored. Worst field trip I've ever been on. But that's because none of us really understood what was going on. Now that I know the rules and have an understanding of the strategy I really enjoy watching it.