website statistics

Ski Jumping 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

hckošice

26 minutes ago, ssosfa said:

Hello there!

I've been looking for some old (pre-2005) ski jumping events - recordings of television broadcasts of World Cup, Olympic Games etc. I've collected since few years and gathered over 100 videos that I'd love to exchange for other rare things. If anyone has such a collection too - just let me know right here or via email. I'll surely answer:)

Best regards!

Well, I don’t collect ski jumping in particular, but multi-event games Video archiving has become my specialty. The only “exclusive” or ski jumping videos I have are from the 2017 Winter Universiade, 2017 European EYOF, 2017 World Championships, 2018 Winter Olympics, 2014 Winter Olympics, 2010 Winter Olympics

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Function CR Lee said:

Does anyone know of ski jumping Norway Cup? Some Chinese media reported that several Chinese athletes won the gold medal there, but FIS could not find any information at all.

https://www.skiforbundet.no/contentassets/0e27d177aaf64759b0405fb0c9427a80/20181117-kmnc-falun-resultater-lordag.pdf

https://www.skiforbundet.no/contentassets/08d9db49614b4111838e2b2e14ea829d/20181118-kmnc-falun-resultater-sondag.pdf

LI Xueyao won in Women's Elite K90-meter hill both Saturday and Sunday. 

Saturday's result:

image.png.cf5bf965922d785078071e9667dfaf69.png

image.png.073a948573e7f611dd1b5f7f020680fe.png

Sunday's result:

image.png.62052dac7f28686d1e2b54d0485c3190.png

image.png.057b3e14d52ff5d71f13e2ac5e494d3d.png

13 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Thanks a lot, you're really powerful.

Cool that Chinese media is reporting about kind of a local ski jumping competition in Norway with mostly youth athletes + Julia Kykkänen :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...

Ski jumper, :NOR Thea Kleven, has died at the young age of 17. :cry:

The ski jumper Thea Kleven died on December 17. She was one of the jumpers on the "Project 2022" initiative towards the Beijing Olympics.

The Ski Federation writes this in a press release:

- The whole ski jumping family is in mourning after Thea's demise. Our thoughts are with the family in this difficult time. At the same time, it is important for me that we do everything we can to help jumpers on the team with support over their loss of a good team mate. Additional resources have been put in place to help the team in their grief. This has strongly influenced us all, and it has been toughest for all the female ski jumpers on the Norwegian national team. We will never forget Thea. She participated in our "Project-2022" and had a bright future in ski jumping. Thea had all the prerequisites for becoming a ski jumper of international format, and her participation in the World Cup testifies how great faith we had in her. Now I would like your all to respect that her family and her team mates get some peace in a holiday that has become very different for us than we expected, says ski jumping manager, Clas Brede Braaten.

Furthermore, NSF writes:

- There will be no further comments from managers, trainers or athletes in the Norwegian Ski Association, and we ask the medias to respect the family's desire to have peace of mind in this difficult time.

Edited by wumo26

• 4 weeks later...

Lol.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!