website statistics

Luge 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

phelps

55 minuti fa, Michal Hroch ha scritto:

Does anybody know, what happened with Asian luge championship? I can't find any results :/ 

they should have been contested within the Altenberg World Cup race...

but...

in the men's singles, no Asian luger was at the start...

in the men's doubles, only the Korean pair Park Jin Yong & Kang Dong Kyu did show up...

and in the women's singles, where 2 Asian lugers competed (Aileen Frisch, KOR and Lin Sin-Rong, TPE), only one girl could finish the race (Aileen Frisch), meanwhile the other crashed out...

therefore, I guess that the titles were not awarded because of lack of competitors...:mumble:

Dnia 22.02.2019 o 14:35, phelps napisał:

they should have been contested within the Altenberg World Cup race...

but...

in the men's singles, no Asian luger was at the start...

in the men's doubles, only the Korean pair Park Jin Yong & Kang Dong Kyu did show up...

and in the women's singles, where 2 Asian lugers competed (Aileen Frisch, KOR and Lin Sin-Rong, TPE), only one girl could finish the race (Aileen Frisch), meanwhile the other crashed out...

therefore, I guess that the titles were not awarded because of lack of competitors...:mumble:

You're probably right but it should be NC races not WC (or at last it was like this year ago). It's almost no differance cause all Asian lugers started in both of them but Lin finished the race in NC ;)  

Edited by Col_Frost

1 ora fa, Col_Frost ha scritto:

You're probably right but it should be NC races not WC (or at last it was like this year ago). It's almost no differance cause all Asian lugers started in both of them but Lin finished the race in NC ;)  

yes, I wrote their performance in the actual WC race 'cause they all qualified for that through the NC race...

but, as you said, probably the Asian titles would have been awarded already after the NC race, in case there were enough competitors...

however, that's just a theory, being the sad truth that there were no lugers enough to contest a continental championship...:(:facepalm:

Yes, that's very sad indeed considering that year ago there was 14 competitors (including two doubels). I checked how many Asians participating in WC/NC this season and it's not a big number: 3 women, 1 or 2 men (honestly I have no idea is Australia part of Asia in this sport) and 1 double. For comparison at the olympics there was 2 women, 3-4 men (Ferlazzo again) and 1 double. There was spots for host of course, but you don't have to qualify to NC so considering that in this season there is no luge competition in Asia (or maybe I just didn't hear about it) number of competitors in WC is very low.

Maybe something will change when juniors and youths will grow up. In this season there was only 4 juniors in WCJ (2 girls and 2 boys) but in youths it was 2 boys, 1 boys double, 1 girls double and... 5-7 girls! (one from Australia and one from New Zealand).

9 minutes ago, Col_Frost said:

Yes, that's very sad indeed considering that year ago there was 14 competitors (including two doubels). I checked how many Asians participating in WC/NC this season and it's not a big number: 3 women, 1 or 2 men (honestly I have no idea is Australia part of Asia in this sport) and 1 double. For comparison at the olympics there was 2 women, 3-4 men (Ferlazzo again) and 1 double. There was spots for host of course, but you don't have to qualify to NC so considering that in this season there is no luge competition in Asia (or maybe I just didn't hear about it) number of competitors in WC is very low.

Maybe something will change when juniors and youths will grow up. In this season there was only 4 juniors in WCJ (2 girls and 2 boys) but in youths it was 2 boys, 1 boys double, 1 girls double and... 5-7 girls! (one from Australia and one from New Zealand).

Isn't there an Oceania-Pacific championships as well?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 months later...

@hckosice Chris Mazder is really enjoying his adventures in Slovakia. Y’all better not be trying to convert his nationality. He’s all we have left (a little bit of a lie, but still, don’t take him).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

16 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@hckosice Chris Mazder is really enjoying his adventures in Slovakia. Y’all better not be trying to convert his nationality. He’s all we have left (a little bit of a lie, but still, don’t take him).

You might wanna spell his name right if you want to keep him that badly..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

You might wanna spell his name right if you want to keep him that badly..

Always there to crush my dreams #heywoodu2K19

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela