website statistics

Biathlon 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

Xander

12 hours ago, justony said:

Question for @heywoodu: If our former XC skier Lea Einfalt got 142,82 IBU points on Thursday in Idre, is that enough to put her in the team for World Cup in Pokljuka?

Problem is, among women, there are currently only two eligible athletes to compete in World Cup (Urška Poje, Polona Klemenčič), therefore we need another one to be represented on both Sunday mixed races.

No, that is not enough for her to be put in the team for Pokljuka. She can still get an automatic qualification if she goes under 125 in the next sprint that she can use for one world cup trimester.

I believe that if she does not go below 125 points needed for the AQ to the WC, then she can only start in Oberhof, if she has an average of below 150 with three of her best races.

PS: If she does not finish the sprint tomorrow with under 125, she's missing Pokljuka and Hochfilzen, but if she gets an under 125 in Ridnaun, she could still start in Nove Mesto. Other than that, 150 average from three races during a trimester for Oberhof.

Edited by Werloc

12 hours ago, Werloc said:

No, that is not enough for her to be put in the team for Pokljuka. She can still get an automatic qualification if she goes under 125 in the next sprint that she can use for one world cup trimester.

I believe that if she does not go below 125 points needed for the AQ to the WC, then she can only start in Oberhof, if she has an average of below 150 with three of her best races.

PS: If she does not finish the sprint tomorrow with under 125, she's missing Pokljuka and Hochfilzen, but if she gets an under 125 in Ridnaun, she could still start in Nove Mesto. Other than that, 150 average from three races during a trimester for Oberhof.

OK, thank you so much. According to her 1st shoot (3 misses), that is probably not gonna happen, but maybe our youngster (Tais Vozelj) will come through with total of 3 misses, though chances are very slim.

So, it looks like tomorrow there will be no :SLO team at the start of Single Mixed Relay infront of home crowd, which is weird.

EDIT: Hey, maybe it will work, Lea just fired all 5 in the stand, amazing :)

Edited by justony

Just now, SalamAkhi said:

YOG champion Zhu

That was one of the most awesome bits of biathlon I have ever seen, that single mixed in Lillehammer :bowdown: 

Right up there with Lowell Bailey's world title.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, justony said:

It is really weird that suddenly they allow double starts. 

Suddenly? I'm pretty sure I saw the same thing last season (with Japan for example). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!