website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2022

rybak

Second post updated, I'm still waiting about official confirmation who will represent :UKR since Alina Pash withdrew and several other artists who competed in their selections doesn't want compete instead. At this point and under current situation in the country and in the borders I'm not sure if Ukraine will compete at all....

I am against the Russian invasion of Ukraine, but the EBU allowed Efendi from Azerbaijan to compete last year, so this is just a slap in the face to Armenians in my opinion. No one cared about them, and the Azeri singer openly supported Aliyev's actions numerous times on her social media. I guess because his name wasn't Putin, no one cared. Shame.

Ironically Armenia were the ones who did not compete in Eurovision last year due to the conflict (although they voluntarily withdrew).

13 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

I am against the Russian invasion of Ukraine, but the EBU allowed Efendi from Azerbaijan to compete last year, so this is just a slap in the face to Armenians in my opinion. No one cared about them, and the Azeri singer openly supported Aliyev's actions numerous times on her social media. I guess because his name wasn't Putin, no one cared. Shame.

Ironically Armenia were the ones who did not compete in Eurovision last year due to the conflict (although they voluntarily withdrew).

Did Armenia call for Azerbaijan to be expelled? 

8 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Did Armenia call for Azerbaijan to be expelled? 

I remember seeing some petitions going around social media, which I believe were because of the Azeri entrant's controversial comments on the conflict. I don't think they were against Azerbaijan competing in general, but they were against this particular artist.

However, I doubt the Armenian government and/or national broadcaster were in any way involved in these petitions. I think anyone can just go on change.org and start a petition. There was even one last year made by a religious Greek Orthodox group in Cyprus for their song "El Diablo (The Devil)" to be banned :d

Germany invited Jamala to perform “1944” during their national finals. Quite the performance.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela