website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2022

rybak

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Well, if EBU decides that all jurors should vote for different songs and they can't like the same group of songs then why even hold the jury vote in first place? Has EBU ever questioned the Greece/Cyprus 12 point exchange as "irregular"? :lol:

Since EBU decided to give 12 points to Great Britain instead of Ukraine it's clear EBU themselves rigged the voting to cost Ukraine the win. But they failed.

Christ, it's not about Ukraine, this isn't about their voting in the final. The 6 countries got banned from the jury vote in the entire contest because they tried to cheat in their semi-final. And no, this isn't like the Greece/Cyprus 12 points exchange. This was a very deliberate effort from 6 countries to alter the results of the semi-final and you have to be very naïve to think that the jury members simply "liked the same songs". 

I think EBU should have disqualified all 6 countries from the contest. Just throw Poland, Azerbaijan and Romania out of the final for cheating and replace them with 3 countries that didn't try to cheat. There should be real consequences, these countries went way too far. 

18 hours ago, Monzanator said:

If you ban countries from voting they would probably pull out and ESC would go back to it's roots - you'll eventually be left with eight Western European countries + Australia. Only EBU can sell taking support away from Ukraine in this day & age as "irregular". What a bunch of clowns.

Also, this is exactly the kind of attitude that Russians showed when they couldn't get away with their cheating in sport events. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. It's not the fault of Western countries when you do something as silly as trying to rig a song contest for your own benefits. 

Yeah, I think EBU should find a better solution to replace jury points in similar cases, but as far as these cheating countries concerned... good riddance! They won't be missed, just like how countries such as Turkey, Hungary, Russia and Belarus aren't missed for different reasons. Only those countries should participate that respect this contest and its values. 

And I am pretty sure that the six countries playing the victim card isn't working for them, the core audience of the contest doesn't seem to be on their side. The cheating is way too obvious. 

Also, I find it truly baffling that countries like Poland and Romania pulled this shit right at a time when Europe should show unity at international events. Of all the countries they should know better than to do this during these times.  

I would change topic a bit, I dont know what point is in holding in June, but one of Warsaw's centers of fun will organize Eurovision party :d So far confirmed artists are Slavko Kalezic (Montenegro 2017), SunStroke Project (Moldova 2010 and 2017) and Samanta Tina (Latvia 2020 and 2021)

50 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

I am not defending these juries (Poland, Romania etc), but it is also ridiculous how certain countries like Australia, Sweden, Azerbaijan are ALWAYS favoured by the juries every single year...

It's part of the game. Some countries "always" send songs that appeal to the juries while other countries send songs that appeal to televoters. The goal is to send the kind of song that appeal to both the juries and the televoters because you can't win if you are far behind in one half of the votes. I think it actually creates a nice balance. If it would be 100% juries the contest would be full of boring ballads and with 100% televotes it would be the 2000s all over again. I think the quality of the contest increased when they introduced the 50/50 split, the contest is still fun but it's not all about who can impress the televoters more with their great staging/show. 

20 hours ago, rybak said:

Romania threatned EBU of withdrawal after their latest statement about irregular voting.

San Marino's TV called EBU an "authoritanian" organization for the same reason.

Oh no :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!