website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2022

rybak

48 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

So, I liked Serbia, Netherlands, Iceland and France. Norway a bit too. Perhaps I could deal with Ukraine.

Anyway - Eurovision being all about politics again? Groundbreaking! :lol: If only people who vote (both Jury and common) could separate music from filthy politics it would have more charm, like at the beginnings. I will take any day TISC voting over Eurovision voting :cool: TISC for the WIN!

At least there was no Cyprus in the final for the standard Greece - Cyprus thing, but some of the other usual suspects (especially in the Balkan area) did of course not disappoint, also or especially with the 'professional' juries :d

But yeah, after a few 'regular' winners, now a less regular/more political one.  Oh well, just like Russian athletes can only thank the Russian government for not being able to compete (again), everyone who doesn't like the Ukrainian win can thank the Russian government, without their warmongering Ukraine would have finished 8th or so I guess :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On top of that, I just read an article where the Ukrainian minister of culture apologised and said it was shameful that their jury didn't award any points to their best friends Poland and Lithuania and hopes that they don't take this personally, because the televote showed their actual gratitude with 12 to Poland and 10 to Lithuania.

Adding the fact that Cyprus and Greece has this 12 year point exchange, it's weird that six juries get in trouble for voting infringement, but Cyprus and Greece are chilling for a third decade in a row. 

Geopolitical voting is going to be the death of me... too bad there's like no chance to combat that effectively, because it's impossible to hide nationalities.

Yeah, or not :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Werloc said:

On top of that, I just read an article where the Ukrainian minister of culture apologised and said it was shameful that their jury didn't award any points to their best friends Poland and Lithuania

Ugh. Is that the minister of culture or the minister of nonsense? :facepalm: 

Come on, a minister at least should know a bit better....

2 hours ago, Werloc said:

On top of that, I just read an article where the Ukrainian minister of culture apologised and said it was shameful that their jury didn't award any points to their best friends Poland and Lithuania and hopes that they don't take this personally, because the televote showed their actual gratitude with 12 to Poland and 10 to Lithuania.

Adding the fact that Cyprus and Greece has this 12 year point exchange, it's weird that six juries get in trouble for voting infringement, but Cyprus and Greece are chilling for a third decade in a row. 

Geopolitical voting is going to be the death of me... too bad there's like no chance to combat that effectively, because it's impossible to hide nationalities.

They could do an experiment where they get rid of all these per-country voting things and just make it one big stack of votes. Everyone sings their song, then everyone in Europe can vote and most votes wins :p 

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

They could do an experiment where they get rid of all these per-country voting things and just make it one big stack of votes. Everyone sings their song, then everyone in Europe can vote and most votes wins :p 

Yes, let's have Germany win every time based on population.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Yes, let's have Germany win every time based on population.

Right, still somehow implement the 'you can not vote on your own country' thing :p 

As for Croatia, to the surprise of no one, we have failed to make the final yet again. The last time we made it was 2016, which was incidentally the last time Bosnia and Herzegovina competed as well. :p And before 2016, we have to go back to 2009. :wacko:

But :BIH is not coming back... ever. Ex-yu was a big thorn in the ESC's eye for years, but alas they managed to solve it for good. :p

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Everybody gets only a single vote and you have to vote through the app where your passport gets ID'd to battle diaspora voting and the closer that the country you're voting for is to the country you're voting from, your single vote loses a percentage of validity.

Let the absolute chaos shitfest begin :lol: