website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2022

rybak

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

2nd will have a lot riding on it this year as the country that finishes there will most likely host next year.

I think they will just give it to Sweden, regardless of who's the runner-up. Stockholm already offered to host the 2023 contest. Personally I would prefer Poland as a replacement host because they are closely tied to Ukraine, but they do have their anti-LGBT stuff going on so it might not such a great idea. 

60% in odds of Ukraine winning is getting being hilarious, I dont believe that they may win with such margin, even if they got one of the best spots in running order, but in last 10 years more winners come from second half where Sweden and UK are, so...

On 5/13/2022 at 4:43 PM, rybak said:

60% in odds of Ukraine winning is getting being hilarious, I dont believe that they may win with such margin, even if they got one of the best spots in running order, but in last 10 years more winners come from second half where Sweden and UK are, so...

Ukraine to win & Mariupol Opera House to host in 2023.

On 5/11/2022 at 3:19 AM, heywoodu said:

Albania would have made it just by having a semi-erotic show, I guess? Because the singing just didn't work, at all :p 

Austria was the most disappointing I think. Their song sounds excellent in the studio version, but the live performance was....not good. I guess the singer just isn't experienced enough yet and got sort of stuck with having such a huge audience.

Sorry for the late reply. Albania was quite hyped at least before the rehearsals, so that's why I thought they'd make it. And yeah Austria's studio version was easily top 10 but the live was messy which is why I wasn't surprised it didn't qualify.

On 5/13/2022 at 11:30 AM, Vektor said:

I think they will just give it to Sweden, regardless of who's the runner-up. Stockholm already offered to host the 2023 contest. Personally I would prefer Poland as a replacement host because they are closely tied to Ukraine, but they do have their anti-LGBT stuff going on so it might not such a great idea. 

Sweden hosted twice in the last decade, I'd rather them give it to someone else personally. 

26 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Tense moments here in :GBR as the :ENG FA Cup Final over-runs & almost overlaps Eurovision.  :what:

Greek player scored the winning penalty, maybe that's a good sign for Greece in Eurovision? :d

2 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Was saying elsewhere this was a typical:POR song, just not with guitars.

it's so portuguese.... and as an emigrant i feel the meaning even better.... they might not win in Europe but will stay a hit in Portugal for a while