website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2022

rybak

:GEO missing out is bummer because they something fun and wacky in between the myriad of ballads this year. 

Overall, I was surprised by the qualifiers, but the majority of songs I felt strongly about made it through.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Poland, Czech Republic and Azerbaijan all through, wow. Did not see that coming after the collection of missed notes, trembling voices and overall disappointing performances :yikes: 

It would have been shocking if such acts stopped passing at Eurovision. :p

#banbestmen

27 minutes ago, dcro said:

It would have been shocking if such acts stopped passing at Eurovision. :p

Yeah, but often those cliche acts that pass at least are performed fairly alright. This time the Czech, but especially the Polish performance was just.....way, way below par. Not like the song wasn't good, but the performance itself. That screechy part in the Polish song could work, but it has to be done by someone who doesn't make it sound like nails on a chalkboard :p (which ruins the whole thing, because the rest wasn't bad)

The most typical act that at least made it through is Moldova I think :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The running order seems to indicate that Ukraine has this in the bag, they got the perfect spot from the producers. I was skeptical of the hype but I guess this win really is happening. Poland got a great spot which seems to indicate that they won SF2, so maybe they have a chance to surprise everyone. The UK also has a "winning spot" but I doubt that they will get enough points from the televote. 

3 hours ago, Vektor said:

The running order seems to indicate that Ukraine has this in the bag, they got the perfect spot from the producers. I was skeptical of the hype but I guess this win really is happening. Poland got a great spot which seems to indicate that they won SF2, so maybe they have a chance to surprise everyone. The UK also has a "winning spot" but I doubt that they will get enough points from the televote. 

I'd be surprised if SF2 was won by anybody other than Sweden. But what I'll never understand is how and why Serbia this year is considered to have an amazing entry, when it barely qualifies as a song for me with so much tonedeaf talking and the structure of the song is wild to me. 

The last time I felt so out of touch was when people thought the yodelling+rock Romanian duet was somehow a good song.

Eurovision fans baffle me. 

Like, all the hate that Switzerland is getting this year when it's a legit entry compared to fans praising so many joke songs this year is really making my head spin. 

1 hour ago, Werloc said:

I'd be surprised if SF2 was won by anybody other than Sweden. But what I'll never understand is how and why Serbia this year is considered to have an amazing entry, when it barely qualifies as a song for me with so much tonedeaf talking and the structure of the song is wild to me. 

The last time I felt so out of touch was when people thought the yodelling+rock Romanian duet was somehow a good song.

Like, all the hate that Switzerland is getting this year when it's a legit entry compared to fans praising so many joke songs this year is really making my head spin. 

A lot comes down to the presenation. Anything can be sold.

I remember liking Yodel It! at the very first, before being told that it is no good. :p

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, Werloc said:

:SRB is my top 5. It’s the lyrics and presentation for me. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

2nd will have a lot riding on it this year as the country that finishes there will most likely host next year.

Nah, I have this feeling that if Ukraine win, then the UK and Germany would just battle it out for hosting rights as they would do in the case of Australia ever winning.