Aleksander Fjeld Andersen, Geilo IL

Sverre Dahlen Aspenes, Skatval Skilag

Erlend Øvereng Bjøntegaard, IL Bevern

Håvard Gutubø Bogetveit, Førde IL

Johan-Olav Smørdal Botn, Stårheim IL

Endre Strømsheim, Bærums Skiklubb

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dcro said:

As ever, the million dollar question is if Crni has improved his shooting this year.

What am I really hoping for is one outstanding shooting performance to help the OQ.

I think he will need more than one. 
probably you will need 60 IBU qualifying points in average to get one of the spots . 

So good to see results on the IBU Datacenter, not sure if I like the new app yet, but it is still really early.  Good to see China back on the world stage.  One perfect shooting this morning and it was a Lativian, Inese Golubeva.  Congrats to starting out the season that way.  Nice showing by Megan Banks of Canada.  10th place.  US did ok, not sure why Chole Levens did not start, but Kelsey Dickinson missed one, and finished in 35th.  Hallie Grossman really struggled on the range with 7 misses.

It will be a very interesting season for us with Buta, Puchianu, Coltea and Shamaev we will have a good relay and there is a chance to qualify for Olympics. In the other hand i think Ushkina it’s a safe qualifier because we will not qualify for sure the women’s relay.

So lessons learned from the almost first week of the IBU CUP.  Germany and Norway have strong teams again.  But for seemingly different reasons.  Norway has such a strong team that top biathletes on other national teams would be on the WC, but Norway is so good they are on the IBU Cup.  If this continues, could we see someone like the Andersen brothers leave for another national team because of the backlog of talent at the top?  I am not saying them, but as an example.

Germany seems strong because they appear to have lots of biathletes who are around the same level, but a step below the elite one, if that makes any sense.

14 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

So lessons learned from the almost first week of the IBU CUP.  Germany and Norway have strong teams again.  But for seemingly different reasons.  Norway has such a strong team that top biathletes on other national teams would be on the WC, but Norway is so good they are on the IBU Cup.  If this continues, could we see someone like the Andersen brothers leave for another national team because of the backlog of talent at the top?  I am not saying them, but as an example.

Germany seems strong because they appear to have lots of biathletes who are around the same level, but a step below the elite one, if that makes any sense.

If they have two Andersen sisters as well, I would be the first to welcome them to the Lithuanian team. We need all the help we can get.

Men's team seems to be under control and having the form of their lives :p