website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 Medal Count

Sindo

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

If ROC wins ice hockey New Zealand will finish ahead of Finland... in Winter OG :p

As expected for Poland, this are the worst WOG since Nagano 1998 which was the last time we didn't win a single medal.

Yes, but we avoid total disaster as Michalski was very close to have two medals, Stoch being 4th and 6th also isn't bad at all, snowboarders also did decent job, top10 place for Hojnisz-Staręga is very good too considering the results achieved by our girls in last two months. Only if Natalia Maliszewska wouldn't have this whole shitty store with postivie/negative/positive and so on tests she would have medal for 99%. Overally it's the worst result since 1998 like you said but I'm still satisfated how our athletes peformed here.

FINAL STANDING

Sunday 20.02.2022

Total Medal Events: 109/109

Rank
Nation
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Total
.NOR Norway
.GER Germany
.CHN China
.USA United States
.SWE Sweden
.NED Netherlands
.AUT Austria
.SUI Switzerland
:ROC ROC
.FRA France
.CAN Canada
.JPN Japan
.ITA Italy
.KOR South Korea
.SLO Slovenia
.FIN Finland
.NZL New Zealand
.AUS Australia
.GBR Great Britain
.HUN Hungary
.BEL Belgium
-
.CZE Czech Republic
-
.SVK Slovakia
.BLR Belarus
.ESP Spain
-
.UKR Ukraine
.EST Estonia
-
.LAT Latvia
-
.POL Poland

6th place, who knew. That's pretty excellent I guess :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Very enjoyable Olympics and acceptable results. All my favourites got medals :d

I am the most sad for Kazahstan, they are the only who did not manage to turn realstic chance into medal :(

Very nice results for Monaco and Andorra. Maybe in 2026 we will see Monaco with first ever medal. Of other countries who did not win ever WOG medal nice placements for Georgia and Moldova.

As for Serbia, worst Olympics ever 😂. To avoid to finish last they did not send all athletes with international standards but two skiers with little better standards, injuried and one who just came back from injury which did not help to avoid last place 😁

Really enjoyed this Olympics. I’ve been struggling with covid for most of the fortnight so got to see far more than I planned but in some ways that’s been a bonus.

Congratulations to Norway for a record breaking games at the top and also well done to China for their top 3 finish capping off a great hosting of the games. Good to see so many different nations picking up medals which is no doubt good for winter sports in various countries and also some steady showings from smaller nations.  

For Britain I think we hoped for medals in multiple sports but have been unlucky in some events and also disappointed in others. Particularly Skeleton where we failed to win anything for the first time. But the Curling made up for this with the weekends matches all being edge of your seat affairs and also helped me forget I was ill for several hours so big thanks for that. At least we are on the table and disappointment of a lower tally is a positive as it shows we are pushing ourselves forward and with some promising young athletes 2026 could see us making progress again.