website statistics

Bobsleigh IBSF World Cup 2021 - 2022

Totallympics

13 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

the Women Monobob ranking and Women combined ranking both only include best 5 monobob stages out of 7. Does it imply that ultimately it will include best 6 stages out of 8? I don’t see the qualification document updates about it yet.

Women's monobob is an exception with only best 5 results counting.

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Thanks a lot. May I have the source or link?

"The Monobob Series may have a lower number of races taken into consideration."

Interestingly, it's not specified precisely in the document, but both commentators and IBSF rankings are making it clear that best 5 results are to count.

https://www.ibsf.org/images/documents/downloads/OWG_-_YOG/Beijing_2022_-_Qualification_System_-_Bobsleigh_V1.6.pdf

#banbestmen

Our federation wake up too late and give signs of life by sending our girls an boys to international/european cups, one of them, Linda Weiszewski is currently second reserve in monobob just below Ukraine and last qualified Brazil. Its too late for her to get the spot or she have any chance yet?

2 hours ago, rybak said:

Our federation wake up too late and give signs of life by sending our girls an boys to international/european cups, one of them, Linda Weiszewski is currently second reserve in monobob just below Ukraine and last qualified Brazil. Its too late for her to get the spot or she have any chance yet?

Unless she competes in both events (which are held one day apart in different countries) it would be difficult to qualify. She would probably need to crack into the top 15 if my calculations are correct (and hope Brazil has an average day)

9 hours ago, intoronto said:

Rip Canada lost its third 4 man sled, due to Covid essentially... 

though moving forward, I think the 4 man event should be limited to 2 sleds per NOC, which would essentially allow two more countries to compete.

I don't understand, basically Spring has to come in the top 18 in the final WC for Canada to qualify 3 sleds in four man. Two man, where they missed two races to covid, they are a lock for 3 sleds.  Are you saying that Spring is not racing next week or next weeks event is cancelled?

On 1/3/2022 at 12:05 AM, hckošice said:

Aerials are quite fun and spectacular to watch. I personally like them.

Late to this discussion but then again at least 9 nations can medal in the sport and there is no one assured to win. Results will be based on who does it well on the day so there is something to watch. 

Bobsleigh may have more nations but I have stopped watching all the events except monobob , since I know the results of most races ahead of time :p. 1.Friedrich 2.Lochner in most 2 man and 4 man races. For 3rd it's between Brad Hall, Justin Krips / Maier / Gaitukevich/Kibermanis

In women's 1.Nolte 2.Kalicki 3.Between De Bruin/Humpries/Jamanka 

Women's Monobob is still cool.

Also races in sigulda are also a must watch for me and that's it. I definitely can't watch a sport where I know the podium winners .

On 1/9/2022 at 4:05 PM, rybak said:

Well she is competing in Winterberg in a very reduced field, only 7 entered.  A top 3 finish would put her ahead of silva from brazil in the final spot but.....

If Silva finishes better than 17th in St. Moritz she improves her score and Hunko of Ukraine (also competing in Winterberg) could still finish ahead of both of them.  Hunko also had a 3rd place (would improve her score by 18 points) taken away for some reason (the whole event in Altenberg is not being counted for some reason).