website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2021 - 2022

Totallympics

Stage 9 in Otepää (EST)

Mixed Single Relay:

1. Norway  :NOR  (Sturla Holm Laegreid, Marte Olsbu Roeiseland) 34:12.8  (0+1)

2. Sweden  :SWE  (Sebastian Samuelsson, Hanna Oeberg) +12.4 (0+4)

3. Germany  :GER  (Erik Lesser, Franziska Preuss) +17.9 (0+4)

Full Final Result HERE

3rd best ever WC  :SVK Mixed Relay ever today :yes after 4th place in Ostersund 4 years ago and 3rd place in Kontiolahti 2012.

4th best ever at major events if we count the 5th place of Sochi 2014 Olympics after the DSQ of :GER for doping violation

Especially Paja is finally somehow finding her pre-covid forms, if she will be able to fix also her shooting,then it should be some unexpected optimism before next season for us. Finally !

4th skiing time today

Spoiler

Slovensko v štafete

profil v ľahu:   v stoji: (naboj.pngnaboj.png) odovzdávka:
terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new   terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new 6. +36.2 (0+2)
1 2 3 4 5   1 2 3 4 567  
bežecký čas: 8. +43.6   strelecký čas: 1:08 skóre úseku: 0+0 0+2
prerusovana vodorovna ciara
profil v ľahu: (naboj.png)   v stoji: (naboj.pngnaboj.pngnaboj.png) odovzdávka:
terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new   terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new 12. +2:26.7 (0+6)
5 4 3 26 1   5 478 36 2 1  
bežecký čas: 16. +1:31.3   strelecký čas: 1:22 skóre úseku: 0+1 0+3
profil v ľahu:   v stoji: (naboj.pngnaboj.png) odovzdávka:
terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new   terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new 9. +2:54.0 (0+8)
1 2 3 4 5   167 2 3 4 5  
bežecký čas: 7. +27.6   strelecký čas: 1:15 skóre úseku: 0+0 0+2
profil v ľahu:   v stoji: (naboj.pngnaboj.png) cieľ:
terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new   terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new 6. +3:30.7 (0+2)
5 4 3 2 1   7 46 35 2 1  
bežecký čas: 4. +35.1   strelecký čas: 1:18 skóre úseku: 0+0 0+2

Still have the single mixed to watch, but one conclusion can already be made: more World Cups in Otepää please, this was a ton of fun with a great atmosphere:cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

47 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Still have the single mixed to watch, but one conclusion can already be made: more World Cups in Otepää please, this was a ton of fun with a great atmosphere:cheer: 

I have the same feeling, but unfortunately next stage in Otepaa is scheduled just for season 2025/2026 :( 

20 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

Any chance that France brings in either Lou Jeanmonant or Caroline Colombo gets a start in Oslo?

Jeanmonnot yes, but Colombo was not selected. Why I do not know. In sprinting she is certainly higher rated than Jeanmonnot. Instead, Botet was nominated again.

Norway will have 17 starters this week!

Women: 

Tiril Kampenhaug Eckhoff, Fossum IF

Karoline Erdal, Førde IL

Ragnhild Femsteinevik, Hålandsdal IL

Emilie Ågheim Kalkenberg, Skonseng UL

Karoline Knotten, Vingrom IL

Ida Lien, Simostranda IL

Marte Olsbu Røiseland, Froland IL

Ingrid Landmark Tandrevold, Fossum IF  

Men:

Aleksander Fjeld Andersen, Geilo IL

Filip Fjeld Andersen, Geilo IL

Sverre Dahlen Aspenes, Skatval Skilag

Sivert Guttorm Bakken, Vingrom IL

Erlend Øvereng Bjøntegaard, IL Bevern

Tarjei Bø, Markane IL

Vetle Sjåstad Christiansen, Geilo IL 

Sturla Holm Lægreid, Bærums Skiklubb

Martin Uldal. Birkenes IL 

On 3/14/2022 at 1:23 PM, JonPhi said:

Jeanmonnot yes, but Colombo was not selected. Why I do not know. In sprinting she is certainly higher rated than Jeanmonnot. Instead, Botet was nominated again.

It's worse, one quota is actually unused. So both Colombo AND Jeanmonnot could have started (and Botet). I was pretty convinced they would send Botet back, after all she's had a good chunk of experience in the WC on the basis of a small portion of IBU Cup in December, and her results are not particularly excellent. That would have opened 3 spots for Oslo, which is not too much given the excellent form of the whole B team, so Jeanmonnot can be back after some great first races last year, same for Colombo to prove she's WC worthy and one last for Bened (or even Chauveau) who's been up and coming for a few years and deserves a first experience on the big stage.

But eventually one quota is not even used, I'm gutted. 

Colombo is probably not in the staff's good graces anymore (too "old"), but why do they let her take part in the IBU Cup and earn a WC spot if they don't want to call her back in the end (she was told she wouldn't go to Oslo before Val Ridanna) ? And if so, why is her place not occupied by a younger athlete ?

The A staff probably feels Botet is a star in the making, which I get, I was actually the first to hope she would experience Oberhof and all ... but the management of the "B to A team connection" looks shaky to say the least.

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

And still no Johannes Dale? Talk about burning out fast :mumble:

Covid. He was on the brink of making his way back to the WC and then ...

I would not take him out of the picture but this year must have been ... frustrating.