website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2021 - 2022

Totallympics

Otepaa will have spectators!  

"The organizers of this new stage scheduled in Estonia from March 10 to 13 have put several thousand tickets on sale. They got the green light from the authorities to accommodate 6,000 fans a day.   Foreign spectators are also welcome provided they have received covid treatment (minimum two injections) or in the presence of a certificate of recovery."

• 4 weeks later...

Swedish team for Kontiolahti:

Women:

Hanna Oeberg

Elvira Oeberg

Linn Persson

Mona Brorsson

Anna Magnusson

Stina Nilsson

Men: 

Peppe Femling

Oskar Brandt

Malte Stefansson - No idea who this one is.

Jesper Nelin

Martin Ponsiluoma

Sebastian Samuelsson

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Well, he had no chance to win the overall anyway. Will Norway bring back Johannes Dale in his place?

8 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Either Dale or promote the other Andersen brother.

The Norwegian team has selected Sverre Dahlen Aspenes for Kontiolahti.

France will run tomorrow with the same quartet of the Olympic Games, so again Anais Chevalier Bouchet will be in the team. Fortunately for them, Russia, Belarus and Ukraine are three strong teams missing, otherwise the crystal globe would have been in danger. 

On 1/28/2022 at 9:32 PM, RobtheAggie said:

Otepaa will have spectators!  

"The organizers of this new stage scheduled in Estonia from March 10 to 13 have put several thousand tickets on sale. They got the green light from the authorities to accommodate 6,000 fans a day.   Foreign spectators are also welcome provided they have received covid treatment (minimum two injections) or in the presence of a certificate of recovery."

I planned to go to Otepaa for the Biathlon World Cup, but the world decided that it was not a good idea :( 

Didn't think they'd allow spectators due to Covid, so I didn't plan a trip.

1 hour ago, Werloc said:

I planned to go to Otepaa for the Biathlon World Cup, but the world decided that it was not a good idea :( 

Didn't think they'd allow spectators due to Covid, so I didn't plan a trip.

By the way, the World Cup in Otepää seems to be fully booked at least as far as the normal tickets are concerned on Saturday and Sunday. Nice that so many people are interested in the biathlon sport in Estonia, because they do not have a real top athlete. 
Ticket prices were also not really high, at least when I compare it to Oberhof or Ruhpolding. A place at the track costs 6,90€ on Thursday&Friday and 9,90€ in the stadium. On the weekend, the track tickets are 4€ more expensive, but also two races.