website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2021 - 2022

Totallympics

Gabrielė Leščinskaitė used this opportunity of a fair few women not starting to get a PB result of a 19th place.

This is her second time in World Cup points, the first time was her first senior season 7 years ago... and it's the best Lithuanian women's result since 2013. 

Right now, she is the most accurate biathlete in the world, her ski speed is getting better. She was trying to qualify to the Olympics and had some very very good races, but she was very unlucky with where the coaching team decided to start her.

I have a suspicion that our team might actually send her to the Olympic Games instead of Kočergina, which would be sad for Kočergina, but Gabrielė is definitely the one in a better form.

This race was a breath of fresh air, because she's only the second Lithuanian to get world cup points this season. Karol, Tomas and Natalija are having a very bad one as of now.

14 minutes ago, dcro said:

Lescinskaite 19th?

Okay this explains how Wright got the nod...

This Leščinskaitė is what could have been if she didn't face various health troubles after her debut season 7 years ago.

She is finally slowly getting back on track to where she used to be, which in turn is helping her progress and unlock her potential.

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Individual is my favorite event since shooting actually matters here. However I won't be surprised if it gets canned in the next 15 years due to TV demands. Thankfully USA isn't that strong in this sport or else that would have happened already IMO.

Which would be really stupid because it's actually way more exciting to watch than the sprint.

The thing that makes me optimistic about the Individual's long term future is that it requires no additional venues or athletes and biathlon is a high performing sport in terms of TV ratings.