website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2021 - 2022

Totallympics

Honestly, I'm in shock.

Being a Lithuanian biathlon fan, I always kept thinking if we're ever going to see anything better than Diana Rasimovičiūtė.

Now, nearly eleven years later, Lithuania is back in the top 10 and it is the highest placement for any Lithuanian biathlete since our independence.

What is even more amazing is that TODAY, January 13th we are celebrating the 31st year of our independence after fourteen brave civilians were crushed underneath Soviet tanks for peacefully defending our TV Tower. 

What a day to be alive, I will always be thankful for what Vytautas Strolia did today for biathlon and Lithuania, hopefully, just hopefully he gets to climb onto a podium before he decides to retire. But for today, I'm happy to call him the best biathlete that Lithuania has ever produced in modern biathlon.

:LTU :LTU :LTU

So situation before the last race (Saturday Relay)

Our team did not score any points in the Olympic qualification today, thanks one of the worst sprint of our men in the last years....

The Estonians in the other hand must be actually in the last races under some Asterix and Obelix magic possion or I do not know what is going on here..they even gained up unbelievable 281 points today !!!,

so they flew up from 21st to 19th place one race before the Olympics Qualification end. Their last races are seriously really unbelievable.

Anyway, our other opponent the Japanese were even worst than us, they collected only 93 points, which is far from the top six of their best (counted) sprints. So they still stand 67 points behind us and if they want to push us out of the Top 20, they will need to eliminate the entire gap in the Saturday relay.

:JPN have to end the worst in 10th place. (assuming SVK will not finish better than 16th)

4 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Enough to take over ROU for now, but not enough to take over KAZ. 
Now it depends on Wright 🤷🏻‍♂️

i think 6-7 seconds missing 😂

NZ are potentially making an exception here after today.

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

NZ are potentially making an exception here after today.

Would not surprise me and he still has the pursuit. 
really unbelievable and bad luck for Crnkovic. Estonia and KAZ going crazy recently. If Wright is nominated we need to cheer for Japan 😂 sorry @hckošice

54 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

And could be still not enough 

If Wright gets nominated will be very difficult 

Eremits (Est) 😳

I think another reallocation place will be available if Germany stays in 3rd position. I doubt that Germany will nominate more than 5 men (unless Zobel having a fantastic pursuit race on Sunday). Sweden will overtake Germany for 3rd place if and only if they win the relay on Saturday (which is totally possible, esp. without Norwegian A team) and Germany finishing 3rd or worse.