website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2021 - 2022

Totallympics

Petra Vlhová will skip the Lech/Zuers parallel. :p Instead want to continue her training camp before Levi. As she already mentioned she will skip a couple of races this season, the globe not being priority at all. Everything this season is built only and only for the Olympics.

7 hours ago, hckošice said:

Petra Vlhová will skip the Lech/Zuers parallel. :p Instead want to continue her training camp before Levi. As she already mentioned she will skip a couple of races this season, the globe not being priority at all. Everything this season is built only and only for the Olympics.

Tessa Worley :FRA also skips the race.

The only way FIS is stopped with the parallel races revolution is if the big names flat out ignore it. Hirscher wasn't the best in them but he's retired so let's see if the women actually affect this nonsense now. I didn't watch some of these parallels last season already and after the World Champs fiasco where one course decided the outcome I probably won't bother watching this farce anymore.

26 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

The only way FIS is stopped with the parallel races revolution is if the big names flat out ignore it. Hirscher wasn't the best in them but he's retired so let's see if the women actually affect this nonsense now. I didn't watch some of these parallels last season already and after the World Champs fiasco where one course decided the outcome I probably won't bother watching this farce anymore.

The question is why changed the FIS not the race rules? If I have understood it correctly, many athletes are only interested in the rules being adjusted and the actual sum of both runs being evaluated and there not being a 0.50s rule.

11 hours ago, phelps said:

:ITA Brignone & Goggia will also skip this farce, meanwhile Bassino decided to waste some useful time she could invest in some more training and will travel to Lech/Zuers...

Obviously it's not necessarily wasting time, it really depends on the athlete and their respective programs. Plenty of athletes would benefit from more training, whereas others would benefit more from simply any form of racing rhythm, no matter the exact format of the race.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!