website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2021 - 2022

Totallympics

4 straight DNF for Jakobsen.. At least he reach the podium every time he finish this season:facepalm:

And what is happening to Men´s slalom, new winners all the time and every race has someone outside top 20-25 in first run ending up on the podium?:yikes:

1 hour ago, Swewi said:

4 straight DNF for Jakobsen.. At least he reach the podium every time he finish this season:facepalm:

Well, that was early in the season when he was breaking through ranks and skiing under less pressure.

Yesterday's early DNF was so expected. And it's not something one can fix in a month or so. Chances are that he will either DNF in Beijing, or that he will be just slow.

#banbestmen

38 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Only 41 starters today in Ga-Pa W Downhill. Still the logic to schedulle a downhill 5 days before the Olympics in the other side of the world plus in pandemic era is beyond my understanding

Why? The first speed event in Beijing for the Women is on 11th February.

13 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

Yes, but getting covid or injury a week before is really not worth it. Nothing against Ga-Pa, I just find the risk too high now, they could perfectly schedulle the races after the games or another date

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Only 41 starters today in Ga-Pa W Downhill. Still the logic to schedulle a downhill 5 days before the Olympics in the other side of the world plus in pandemic era is beyond my understanding

I guess sponsors demand it.  Same story in the ski jumping, not even 50 entrants.

1 hour ago, JonPhi said:

don't forget that many "speed girls" do normally ski also GS, which is the first women's event to be contested in a week's time...

not to mention the covid/quarantine/risk of injury issues so close to the Games...