website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2021 - 2022

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

Quite strange, only two Slaloms left this season … Are and Meribel :cry:

It is Olympic season, Usually there not more than 8-9 slaloms in the Olympic year. This time there 9. Today was already the 7th, whch is quite a lot considering we are 11th January...Also winning a globe the 11th January must be also a premiere... :lol: anyway, I would also be more than happy if they schedulled more slaloms this season, but it is how it is, we have the Olympics this time, so we got 9 in the world cup :d

Common sense would suggest Shiffrin & Vlhova have two OG medals locked up but you never know with these one-off courses. I won't be surprised if someone else comes to win totally from the left-field in Beijing.

Chances of Liensberger getting hot are maybe smaller compared to last season?

On 1/11/2022 at 9:24 PM, Monzanator said:

Common sense would suggest Shiffrin & Vlhova have two OG medals locked up but you never know with these one-off courses. I won't be surprised if someone else comes to win totally from the left-field in Beijing.

Chances of Liensberger getting hot are maybe smaller compared to last season?

If it's anyone else now, I'd bet on Holdener.  She had 2 great first runs in the last 2 races.   Plus, what a story it would be if she finally won her first slalom.     

I like Kriechmayr, but this whole thing of FIS breaking their rule for him (mostly because he’s Austrian) is just so stupid. The fact that they even showed his “fake” training run and Austrians laughing about it shows that FIS doesn’t care about being clearly biased.