website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2021 - 2022

Totallympics

Mikaela with another WR, beating Stenmark amount of wins in one discipline. And achieving it at home, that is something really huge, well done.

Petra 4th race of the season and 4th podium. I really really hope she will win a medal in Beijing. That would be very frustrating and disastrous if SVK will again finish medalless in Alpine Skiing after all the bad luck Veronika Zuzulová had and Petra total failure in PyeongChang.

Wendy Holdener. Man, what a warrior is this chick ! even with her obvious handicap with both hands she can ski so well and so fast is really beyond me

I assume Liensberger will hit peak come Beijing. Pretty much four names for three medals in slalom but Shiffrin & Vlhova still have a clear step on the rest. Of course the OG unknown course can favor someone out of nowhere but I don't see it. And Holdener is the most vulnerable mentally as usual.

Good podium, but surprised that Duerr’s podiums in Levi turn out not to be an anomaly. The top7 for slalom seem so convincing with taking the high places that I wonder which skier will manage to do a Gallhuber in Beijing and get a medal.

Not sure why they can’t do the GS in Killington tomorrow, they should’ve just postponed it on Saturday, but they clearly wanted to smash their head through the wall in those disastrous conditions.

4 minutes ago, Shiffrin said:

Good podium, but surprised that Duerr’s podiums in Levi turn out not to be an anomaly. The top7 for slalom seem so convincing with taking the high places that I wonder which skier will manage to do a Gallhuber in Beijing and get a medal.

Not sure why they can’t do the GS in Killington tomorrow, they should’ve just postponed it on Saturday, but they clearly wanted to smash their head through the wall in those disastrous conditions.

Because the athletes are tomorrow already traveling to Lake Louise. First DH Training should be already on Tuesday.

21 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I assume Liensberger will hit peak come Beijing. Pretty much four names for three medals in slalom but Shiffrin & Vlhova still have a clear step on the rest. Of course the OG unknown course can favor someone out of nowhere but I don't see it. And Holdener is the most vulnerable mentally as usual.

+ It is without debate our only and sole medal chance in Beijing. The pressure of he whole nation on her will be enormous. I really hope she will return home with at least one medal.

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

+ It is without debate our only and sole medal chance in Beijing. The pressure of he whole nation on her will be enormous. I really hope she will return home with at least one medal.

I assume the combined will be a sure thing given how easy the slalom will be? Gisin, Shiffrin & Vlhova should walk away with the medals there.

Stage 5 in Killington (USA)

Women´s Slalom:

1. Mikaela Shiffrin  :USA   1:38.33

2. Petra Vlhova  :SVK  1:39.08

3. Wendy Holdener  :SUI  1:39.16

Full Final Results HERE

211128-petra-vlhova-slalom-killington-20

Petra Vlhová

48th careers WC Podium, 15th Silver (22-15-11), Season 2021/22 WC 4th Podium, 1st Silver (2-1-1)

30th Careers WC Slalom Podium, 11th Silver (14-11-5), Season 2021/22 WC Slalom 3rd Podium, 1st Silver (2-1-0)