website statistics

Badminton BWF Thomas & Uber Cup 2021

Totallympics

40 minutes ago, up and down said:

I think the Indian MD had done a good job. So impressed with Satwik / Chirag. Both are really good MD player. Somehow Sameer Verma should have won his MS 2 match just now. What a wasted chance I think. He is leading all the way in the third set and suddenly lose. :(

Still good to make these mistakes now rather than quarters. 

5 hours ago, up and down said:

Now the score becomes 3-1 with China already won over India.

MS 1 - China

MD 1 - India

MS 2 - China

MD 2 - China

I was actually surprised to see China not bringing their best MD player Li Jun Hui / Liu Yu Chen to play here. Also China had also fielded scratch pairings for their MD and had eventually asked their XD player to play MD this time.

Now we are left the with last MS 3 match.

Whatever is the outcome of the MS 3 match China is already winner of the group. Anyway also congratulations to the Indian players who played so well and give China a tough fight. Anyway India has also qualified to play in the quarter finals as the runner up of the group.

Li Jin Hui and Liu Yu Chen may not pair any longer. Rumor has it that they don’t get along for a long time and you can tell from their performance and interaction on OG final. And one of our second pair player Han Cheng Kai retired, so we don’t have any fixed pair right now. Sudirman cup and Thomas cup are trial and error time for our MD. Li/Liu will come back on WCH regardless as pair or not.

13 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Li Jin Hui and Liu Yu Chen may not pair any longer. Rumor has it that they don’t get along for a long time and you can tell from their performance and interaction on OG final. And one of our second pair player Han Cheng Kai retired, so we don’t have any fixed pair right now. Sudirman cup and Thomas cup are trial and error time for our MD. Li/Liu will come back on WCH regardless as pair or not.

Thanks for telling me. Such a pity indeed.

Alright the tense result is out.

China defeated Thailand 3-0 and advanced to play in the semifinals.

The other side is the tough fought match between Japan and Korea.

Korea won 2 points through their MS 1 and MD 1.

Japan won the MS 2 match.

Now the MD 2 is ongoing. I believe Japan will win the MD 2 match.

Then it will come down to the exciting MS 3 match to determine the winner

Wow never expect Korea to be able to give Japan such a tough fight.

Heo Kwang Hee defeating Kento Momota is almost an unthinkable thing to happen.

Well Kanta Tsuneyama is lucky playing as Japan MS 2 because Jeon Hyeok Jin who is Korea MS 2 obviously look rusty. Even the commentator of the match said Jeon has stopped playing for 3 years. So where has he gone to for 3 years and why did he stop playing for 3 years will be a mystery for sure. Kanta Tsuneyama is the savior for Japanese team today. Yuta Watanabe is also too good for his opponent. So as of now It is tied at 2 all now.

MS 1 - Korea

MD 1 - Korea

MS 2 - Japan

MD 2 - Japan

So who will win the MS 3? Who will hold their nerves better to win the last third deciding MS match?