website statistics

Badminton BWF Thomas & Uber Cup 2021

Totallympics

50 minutes ago, up and down said:

Somehow predicted that India will win over China today.

Somehow believed that all the 3 India MS players should be able to win over China MS players. Even India MD also have  the edge to win over China MD today. A very balanced and exciting lineup today.

I'm not so sure about win but yeah   it's exciting . If China wins any of the doubles I might well call it an upset. For singles, Srikanth isn't in form. Praneeth has been left out today (good decision due to poor form). Sameer Verma is decent. But Kiran George is the India No 1 having won the trials against fancied rivals. 

6 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I'm not so sure about win but yeah   it's exciting . If China wins any of the doubles I might well call it an upset. For singles, Srikanth isn't in form. Praneeth has been left out today (good decision due to poor form). Sameer Verma is decent. But Kiran George is the India No 1 having won the trials against fancied rivals. 

Yes this is indeed going to be a very exciting match indeed. I will surely be watching it today. It will surely be a rough fought match for today.

Now the score becomes 3-1 with China already won over India.

MS 1 - China

MD 1 - India

MS 2 - China

MD 2 - China

I was actually surprised to see China not bringing their best MD player Li Jun Hui / Liu Yu Chen to play here. Also China had also fielded scratch pairings for their MD and had eventually asked their XD player to play MD this time.

Now we are left the with last MS 3 match.

Whatever is the outcome of the MS 3 match China is already winner of the group. Anyway also congratulations to the Indian players who played so well and give China a tough fight. Anyway India has also qualified to play in the quarter finals as the runner up of the group.

Our 2nd pair of Arjun / Kapila are really good perhaps even better than the Chinese pair they played against. Yet they seem to be hitting mental block towards end. You have to win being 18-11 in set 1. I think the pair just needs physcological expert and more meditation that's it. 

4 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Our 2nd pair of Arjun / Kapila are really good perhaps even better than the Chinese pair they played against. Yet they seem to be hitting mental block towards end. You have to win being 18-11 in set 1. I think the pair just needs physcological expert and more meditation that's it. 

I think the Indian MD had done a good job. So impressed with Satwik / Chirag. Both are really good MD player. Somehow Sameer Verma should have won his MS 2 match just now. What a wasted chance I think. He is leading all the way in the third set and suddenly lose. :(

6 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Yes I also realised that this is the problem with the Indian players. They tend to have a big lead only to squandered away their lead. The MD 2 had such a great lead in the first set but unfortunately they lost in the end. :(