website statistics

Badminton BWF Thomas & Uber Cup 2021

Totallympics

On 10/9/2021 at 3:19 PM, Agger said:

Anyone following the Thomas & Uber Cup that has just started today here in Aarhus?

Personally I'll be in the arena for the next 2 sessions today (couldn't get myself up for the 1st session) and friday's Thomas Cup quarter finals and Uber cup semis.

Must be an exciting experience! I haven't been following the tournament closely due to some job deadline, but I will try my best to watch all the knock out round matches

Very impressed by the next generation of young female shuttlers with s convincing win over Scotland yesterday. There was dearth of young female singles and doubles players for a long who could challenge and take the mantle from Saina Nehwal, PV Sindhu and Ashwini Ponnappa. But the new crop of Malvika Bansod, Aditi Bhatt and Rutuparna-Tanisha look promising. Rutuparna-Tanisha even defeated the 49th rank Scottish pair. It was also a good debut for 16 year old Tasnim Mir.

Now they shall play the fancied Thailand team, lets see how it goes.

3 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Today’s decisive match between :TPE and :INA is definitely gonna be very tense. The level is should be like OG semi final.

That group has really been the highlight of the group stages! Two brilliant matches so far and this last one could end up as another thriller!

Such a tough fought MS between Anthony and Chou Tien Chen. What happened at the point of 20-19 during the first set? Chou could have won it 21-19. Then all of a sudden if became 20 all. Umpire said Chou racket hit the net or what? What an unfortunate turn of event and Anthony went on to win the first set. Chou lose focus a bit and subsequently won the first MS match. Anyway it is a very tough fought match.

Now the MD 1 match will start.

The winner of this match is very tense. Taipei or Indonesia must win the matches for today if they want to progress to play in the quarterfinals. Meanwhile I think Thailand is already safely through to the quarterfinals because they won over Taipei 3-2 already/ Thailand I think can also win over Algeria 5-0.

It is so tough for Chou Tien Chen. He is no longer a young MS player. He is getting old. On top of that Chou Tien Chen does not have a coach with him when he goes out for any tournaments. All he had with him is just a physio. Tough when there is no one there to guide you and give you tips on how to win matches at the side of the court. I just wonder why Chou Tien Chen wants to choose such a difficult path.

10 minutes ago, up and down said:

The winner of this match is very tense. Taipei or Indonesia must win the matches for today if they want to progress to play in the quarterfinals. Meanwhile I think Thailand is already safely through to the quarterfinals because they won over Taipei 3-2 already/ Thailand I think can also win over Algeria 5-0.

But Thailand lost 3-2 against Indonesia. Meaning that if Taiwan wins by 3-2 they'll be all tied in matches won making it all about the number of games (I believe).

And Thailand should certainly win 5-0 (10-0 in games) against Algeria.

3 minutes ago, Agger said:

But Thailand lost 3-2 against Indonesia. Meaning that if Taiwan wins by 3-2 they'll be all tied in matches won making it all about the number of games (I believe).

And Thailand should certainly win 5-0 (10-0 in games) against Algeria.

Yes that is why this group match is getting so tense up as well. Difficult to determine the winner.