website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey NHL 2021 - 2022

Totallympics

Latest Draft Predictions.  The son of god still leading the European ice rinks ranking

:SVK Players current predictions in the top 100  (European Rinks): 

1. Juraj SLAFKOVSKÝ (SR/TPS Turku)

3. Šimon NEMEC (SR/HK Nitra)

20. Filip MEŠÁR (SR/HK Poprad)

42. Adam SÝKORA (SR/HK Nitra)

45. Alex ŠOTEK (SR/HC Slovan Bratislava)

:SVK Players current predictions in the top 100  (North-American Rinks): 

58. Servác PETROVSKÝ (SR/Owen Sound, OHL)

89. Marián MOŠKO (SR/Lincoln Stars, USHL)

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Do we know the draft order and what is the best team for Slafkovksy to be drafted? I presume Kraken, Senators & Sabres won't be the best choices in terms of team success in the next decade :rolleyes:

The Team order Draft lottery should be soon in Montreal if I am not wrong

50 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

How many teams are in the lottery? NBA has seven IIRC?

I just took a quick look. The lottery will be this Tuesday in Montreal and 16 teams which did not make the Play-Offs will participate with the 11 worst ranked teams having the highest chance to win the lottery and pick 1st draft (the biggest chance is for Montreal Canadiens with 18.5 % chance).

Montreal Canadiens: 18,5%
Arizona Coyotes: 13,5%
Seattle Kraken: 11,5%
Philadelphia Flyers: 9,5%
New Jersey Devils: 8,5%
Chicago Blackhawks: 7,5%
Ottawa Senators: 6,5%
Detroit Red Wings: 6,0%
Buffalo Sabres: 5,0%
Anaheim Ducks: 3,5%
San Jose Sharks: 3,0%
Columbus Blue Jackets: 2,5%
New York Islanders: 2,0%
Winnipeg Jets: 1,5%
Vancouver Canucks: 0,5%
Vegas Golden Knights: 0,5%

The draft is approaching and the son of god start working on the final phase for his position, Plus - he finally could take down the helmet cage. :d 

and among other stuff did this yesterday in his first match for Slovakia since the Olympics bronze. Man, I want still be alive on this earth to see what this kid will do when he will be 25 years old :lol:

This is pure joy to watch this kid. I mean, the kid is still 18 !

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

So who is considered the best non-goalie player in Slovakian history? Bondra or Satan? I assume Slafkovsky will be compared to either of them soon :p

I believe Marián Hossa. At least for me :d

but generally speaking it should be Peter Šťastný, I mean the guy made it to a star of Canada NT and NHL after his defection and still at 40s after the fall of comunism was the star of the Lillehammer Olympics for fresh new Slovakia.

Another one Slovak born Canadian super star was Stan Mikita.

Yeah, Stastny is more like Navratilova, I'm unsure what his legacy is given he played during the communism era and changed nationality.

I'm old enough not to consider Hossa as as icon tbh, he did have a knack for playing for good NHL teams.

It's maybe the same conversation the Swedes have with Borje Salming & Peter Forsberg (and some odd votes for Mats Sundin, well, Hossa is Sundin for me).

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, Stastny is more like Navratilova, I'm unsure what his legacy is given he played during the communism era and changed nationality.

I'm old enough not to consider Hossa as as icon tbh, he did have a knack for playing for good NHL teams.

It's maybe the same conversation the Swedes have with Borje Salming & Peter Forsberg (and some odd votes for Mats Sundin, well, Hossa is Sundin for me).

Hossa is already a legend and not only of Slovak but also world hockey, there is a reason why he was already added to the both IIHF Hall of Fame and also the NHL hall of Fame which is something not easy to achieve for an european , especially at his age :)

However, Apart the already mentioned names I would also add Žigmund Pálffy to this list, He was probably the most skilled slovak player ever.  Not the brightest guy on earth but with some hell of golden hands