website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Brisbane 2032 News

Looking forward to all the Brisbane Organising Committeee positions being filled so we can perhaps start seeing some early decisions being made.

I understand the search for a BOCOG President has gone international, according to this Radio Station 4BC report:

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see that moves toward building high-performance of Australian athletes is starting already with Ignite 2032 in Feb.

Igniting high-performance for Brisbane 2032 - 3Dec21 - QLD Govt

“The Queensland Academy of Sport (QAS) is bringing together 400 elite-performance experts to ignite a competitive edge for Queensland and Australian athletes at the 2032 Brisbane Olympic and Paralympic Games.”

“IGNITE 2032, Queensland’s inaugural high-performance sport conference, will be held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre over two days from 4 February 2022.”

• 8 months later...

Everybody is talking about the LA28 sports program, meanwhile, my reporting is streets ahead :p

https://www.infobae.com/aroundtherings/articles/2022/08/10/lifesaving-eyeing-olympic-debut-in-brisbane-2032/

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 11 months later...

If I was the IOC I would be getting plans ready incase Queensland and Australia pull the plug on this.  Feels like it is heading that way. It seems the games are unpopular in Queensland. 

And prepare for 2036 to be in Saudi Arabia. Only non democracies will host games in the future. 

Edited by Orangehair43

36 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

If I was the IOC I would be getting plans ready incase Queensland and Australia pull the plug on this.  Feels like it is heading that way. 

And prepare for 2036 to be in Saudi Arabia. Only non democracies will host games in the future. 

k

There is a difference between Olympics and Commonwealth games. 
Olympics is more of a prestige issues , kind a soft power for powerful nations whereas Commonwealth games is.. well absolutely useless. They might as well do away with it. 
Olympics and continental games are sufficient! 

and here we go!

we're not even close to Paris 2024 and our "friend" is already trolling about 2032 :roflmao:

and luckily it looks he's not too much into Winter Olympics, otherwise with Milano-Cortina 2026 we would have material to die loughing 365 days/year, 24 hrs/day :rolleyes: :facepalm: :whistle:

• 3 months later...